A 5 Year Old Box of Bolivar PC

So I was lucky enough to snag a box of the AGO ‘14 BPC from today’s 24:24. Nearly 5 years on them already - sweet!! Probably should’ve bought 2!

I already have 10 left from a ‘16 box and 5 from a ‘17 box.

Now, with some BPC’s already in reserve with at least 2 years on them....what would you do with this ‘14 box? Would you tuck it away and let it get to 7 or 8 years before you break into it? Or would you smoke them like there’s no tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First, let me ask...how are the boli PC's?  I love (most) boli as well as PCs but have yet to try a Boli PC.  I got a box of the '14s too.

I really enjoy them. Have never smoked one with more than 3 years on it though, but I find they have really dense Boli flavors packed into that smaller vitola. They are a little more “in your face” than the BBF in my opinion - but in a good way.

• Thanks 1

For what it’s worth, the oldest Boli I smoked was a BBF with 11 years on it and that cigar totally blew my mind it was incredible. I am hoping BPC’s can approach that

obviously you should try one and compare the experience with the BBf.

are the PCs getting to taste like the bbf, are they showing more maturity than the boxes you have ?

all years of cigars will not mature the same,so you should monitor the '14 box carefully,and enjoy them when you think they are at the top of flavor.

also seek out more mature Bolis and get a wider range of knowledge about them....

• Like 1

Only you can really answer that question as it really depends on your tastes and how much stock you have.  BUT...

I have a lot of boxes of 2014 Bolivar PC, Bolivar Coronas Junior and BBF.  All ULA.  All fantastic.  If I had picked up a box today, and never had tried one, I'd have tried one a month after receiving it as a baseline, and then it's really up to you to decide how you want to enjoy them over the next few years...or decade(s).  Cabs of 2002 and 2005 Bolivar PCs are still in my rotation and they are amazing.  

• Like 3

They are a great little cigar, highly reliable and full of rich flavour. If I had 14,16,17 boxes I’d be smoking from all of them for the variety IF they are all smoking well. If any of them seem a bit ‘not quite right’ them try again in six months.

• Like 2

Boli PC age really well in my opinion. Forget all of the ELs and REs, for me, these become something special at 5 years. More chocolate comes to the fore, and the earthiness is pushed back slightly. I would say that at 5 years, they are great to go.

• Like 1

I have half of a 2010 cab left and they are excellent! Currently waiting on a PSP box to show up on 24:24. If i were you i would buy a new production box asap and smoke your 14's slowly. Time it right and your second box will have some age on them. Just my 2 cent

I have 7 left from a POS ENE 07 cab that are outstanding. I haven’t had one in s couple of years but maybe I’ll pull one out tomorrow.