Hi Everyone,

I am planning a trip to France in the summer, crossing over to Geneva for a couple of days. Could anyone recommend good cigar shops to visit, hopefully for hidden gems ? Thanks 

1 hour ago, 99call said:

Gesto

2 minutes ago, SigmundChurchill said:

I have bought from both Gesto and Gerard’s.  Both are excellent.  Gesto has great prices so I would check there first.

I'll be spending a week in Zurich for work without much free time.  Is it worth it to make the time to get down to Geneva for Gesto or - assuming you're aware - can I do just as well in Zurich?

Thanks!

Thanks guys I'll be sure to try both. Hoping Gerard's will still have that box of SLR Churchills that's on their website now when I go. 

1 hour ago, TTP21 said:

I'll be spending a week in Zurich for work without much free time.  Is it worth it to make the time to get down to Geneva for Gesto or - assuming you're aware - can I do just as well in Zurich?

Thanks!

Wish I could help, but I haven’t spent time in Zurich.  I passed through once, but there wasn’t time for shopping.

14 hours ago, TTP21 said:

Thanks!

I'd go to either Portmann stores instead of Gerard or Gesto if you're starting off from Zurich

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

I'd go to either Portmann stores instead of Gerard or Gesto if you're starting off from Zurich

Second that ... great service and selection at Portmann.

Loved Gestocigars, great selection of singles and great service. They had their whole inventory on their website so I placed an order ahead of time for pick up. I did not like Gerard Pere et Fils at all. They didnt have a price list and wouldn’t let me look at the cigars in the boxes. The guy there seemed completely uninterested in selling anything.

Don't go to LCDH in Zurich...  Worst LCDH I have ever seen.  The owner is douche on top of that.  There is another cigar store around the corner that is much better.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Don't go to LCDH in Zurich...  Worst LCDH I have ever seen.  The owner is douche on top of that.  There is another cigar store around the corner that is much better.

Found out I'll actually be in Zug for the week.  Do you know the name of the store you're referring to?

12 minutes ago, TTP21 said:

Found out I'll actually be in Zug for the week.  Do you know the name of the store you're referring to?

Go to Portmann's if in Zug.  Portmann's is near the German border (walking distance).

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, TTP21 said:

He might be referring to Manuel’s. My favorite place in Zurich for buying cigars and spending a few hours in the Lounge! Lounge and Humidor are upstairs, downstairs he’s got a good coffee and spirits selection.

Manuel is a young guy that started off with a Webshop as a University project and finally opened up his shop maybe five years ago. So far I’ve always received outstanding service there, lots of regulars catching up to play chess but any walk in is always welcome. It’s not far from the main train station.

• Thanks 1

Just a short update on the Geneva scene from this past Friday:
Gestos, the go to place is always good but less well stocked this May compared to last May. Not much special, they use to have quite a bit of 2-5 year old gems lying around and I think maybe prices in general have gone up. But always well stocked in the broader sense and full of helpful people.

House of Grauer, if you haven’t been there you’ve missed the Guggenheim museum of cigars. I visit the place for pilgrimage - man it’s a temple! It’s not a cheap place (it might be if you’re used to I.e. uk prices), but they have A LOT of aged and vintage stuff, including single sticks of which most are at pretty good prices. I’m pretty tight but even I always come out with a couple of handfuls cool.png

There are two other good shops Gerard’s and Spring Cigars. Visit in reverse order. Spring has an extensive list of vintage stuff online. I was supposed to visit to buy a few boxes of vintage SLR, but my budget go busted before I had the chance so I decided to skip the temptation.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2019 at 6:45 AM, Hookmaker said:

Just a short update on the Geneva scene from this past Friday:
Gestos, the go to place is always good but less well stocked this May compared to last May. Not much special, they use to have quite a bit of 2-5 year old gems lying around and I think maybe prices in general have gone up. But always well stocked in the broader sense and full of helpful people.

House of Grauer, if you haven’t been there you’ve missed the Guggenheim museum of cigars. I visit the place for pilgrimage - man it’s a temple! It’s not a cheap place (it might be if you’re used to I.e. uk prices), but they have A LOT of aged and vintage stuff, including single sticks of which most are at pretty good prices. I’m pretty tight but even I always come out with a couple of handfuls cool.png

There are two other good shops Gerard’s and Spring Cigars. Visit in reverse order. Spring has an extensive list of vintage stuff online. I was supposed to visit to buy a few boxes of vintage SLR, but my budget go busted before I had the chance so I decided to skip the temptation.

And I thought you were joking about being there tomorrow ?

Thanks for the helpful report. 

So you did leave me some vintage SLR right ??