FOH AUCTIONS DISCUSSION THREAD

2 hours ago, canadianbeaver said:

Just learned about tier levels on the buyers fees. Interesting. Better deal than auction houses here! Clever.

Not sure FOH folks know about this.

https://fohauctions.com/auctionfees

CB

I sincerely hope EVERYONE who is buying or selling has read and UNDERSTOOD all the rules and conditions, otherwise it’s a bad idea to attend an auction anywhere ?

• Like 2

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FoH = Marijuana 24:24 = Cocaine FoH Auctions = Crack ??

I will put up some of my stock tomorrow at no reserve.  You can always get lucky in the big city 

Do you really want to lose such a special, rare, hard to find box; when $10 or $20 more dollars will bring that baby home.  It's summer, the kids can go without shoes.

It would be a relist.

From the looks of it so far, reserves are about right.  None of my stock will carry a reserve and I suspect that a significant % of product on FOHauctions wont.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, El Presidente said:

It would be a relist.

From the looks of it so far, reserves are about right.  None of my stock will carry a reserve and I suspect that a significant % of product on FOHauctions wont.

Anything I sold as a power seller on eBay never had a reserve. The buyers know what these beautiful cigars are worth. The trick is to get them from the other bidders in the time allotted.

CB

• Like 1

15 hours ago, canadianbeaver said:

Just learned about tier levels on the buyers fees. Interesting. Better deal than auction houses here! Clever.

Not sure FOH folks know about this.

https://fohauctions.com/auctionfees

CB

Very well thought out and implemented, in my opinion. 

I also am of the notion that any reserves are unnecessary. The FoH community is large enough that I don't believe anyone will let a "steal" go, no matter the cigar. We will set the prices at market value or extremely close. It will be interesting to see the next few months!

Also, when the auctions end, will it be similar to other auction sites where you can search and view completed and/or sold listings? That would be AMAZING if you could let that happen.

Sorry if I’ve missed this, but can I check: if the current bid is 400 and I bid 500 because that’s my limit, does the current bid go to:

a) 500

or

b) 400 plus an increment, with my 500 still active in the background?

6 minutes ago, RDB said:

Sorry if I’ve missed this, but can I check: if the current bid is 400 and I bid 500 because that’s my limit, does the current bid go to:

a) 500

or

b) 400 plus an increment, with my 500 still active in the background.

a) 500.

Autobid is a function in the next update.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

a) 500.

Autobid is a function in the next update.

Thanks for clarifying. My previous comment about bidding your highest intention is not appropriate until then.

Prices on some boxes currently are impressive.

Cheers!

CB

On 5/1/2019 at 7:21 AM, bayala said:

Hi Babalouie, 

In Phase 1 we would let you know when they are going up via email. As the ADMIN account is posting the box we get all seller-related dashboard content. 

I am sorry if I missed the explanation, but how do we get stock we pick from OLH put up for auction?

I was confused at first with the simplicity of just bid.  Removing the autobid option treats this more like a silent auction.  Still exciting but no benefit to us holding back.  Different from ebay, and right now I like that variety.  I may hate it soon but the novelty is fun.

Also in case anyone here is an idiot like me, you have to bid in whole integers.  I really wanted to bid 420.69 and got a bunch of error messages and ended up losing the auction in those final seconds due to confusion.  Lesson learned.

• Haha 1

One thing I would like to see when/if possible, is multiple boxes of the same cigar up at the same time. It would mellow out the FOMO at present. I have placed a couple of bids at reasonable prices, especially when you factor in the the buyers fee, and I get outbid within minutes.

2 hours ago, BJRPorter said:

One thing I would like to see when/if possible, is multiple boxes of the same cigar up at the same time. It would mellow out the FOMO at present. I have placed a couple of bids at reasonable prices, especially when you factor in the the buyers fee, and I get outbid within minutes.

This isn't knocking them for a second, this is more just a bit of insight for those who might be newer; and Rob please correct me if this is wrong, but there is a significant section of customers/collectors from Asia who don't particularly participate in the forums due to different and quite fair and honest reasons, but who purchase heavy and have staggeringly deep pockets and will be chasing specific boxes and codes. Obviously there will be others from around the globe too.

This isn't meant to put you or anyone off, but just be aware that there will be some very big sharks looking for certain items, with this in mind, fear of missing out probably isn't a healthy mind set to enter with.

But bearing that in mind look at the price the Bolivar Coronas Extra and Monte 4 went for; you will be able to find some incredible boxes at very decent prices while others are circling the more glittering items. The PLPC right now are a great price for that age.

@bayala Is there a way to browse all the sold stock from say, the last week or two weeks even (Or longer if possible) if you didn't bid/watch? I think I can only see the half dozen last sold boxes on the main rolling section

It's very cool too look at what boxes went for even if not actively involved in the bidding

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CaptainQuintero said:

@bayala Is there a way to browse all the sold stock from say, the last week or two weeks even (Or longer if possible) if you didn't bid/watch? I think I can only see the half dozen last sold boxes on the main rolling section

It's very cool too look at what boxes went for even if not actively involved in the bidding

Hi Captain, 

Go to advanced search in the footer. You can look for specific boxes or all boxes sold. Just make sure you have "All Auctions" selected instead of "Current Auctions".

Regards, 

Ben

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Bucky McSwensen said:

Also in case anyone here is an idiot like me, you have to bid in whole integers.  I really wanted to bid 420.69 and got a bunch of error messages and ended up losing the auction in those final seconds due to confusion.  Lesson learned.

You can blame that on me. I did that in testing and it got the boot.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bayala said:

Hi Captain, 

Go to advanced search in the footer. You can look for specific boxes or all boxes sold. Just make sure you have "All Auctions" selected instead of "Current Auctions".

Regards, 

Ben

That's awesome, I didn't realise I was missing out on a lot of the ease of access by just using the mobile version; desktop is excellent, smooth and set out sensibly, top job!

Todays listed auctions (put up around midday) will be for 24 hours. 

Tomorrow we will revert to 72 hours 

This will allow a weekend :D

Some crackers up today :spotlight:

On 5/5/2019 at 4:11 PM, CaptainQuintero said:

https://fohauctions.com/product/view/42/

See the ‘42’ in the link? Type in 41, 40, 39 etc. All the listings are sequential.

Another note, saw some snipping for those BHK54s, hot diggedy 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Todays listed auctions (put up around midday) will be for 24 hours. 

Tomorrow we will revert to 72 hours 

This will allow a weekend :D

Some crackers up today :spotlight:

Hello everyone,  

Slight change. Today's auctions will be 72 hours (instead of 24) which will end Sunday afternoon Australian time. 

Thanks, 

Ben

Those final seconds are brutal.  Ive lost some for bidding too late at 6 seconds for lag.  I've lost some with a "winning bid" at 1 second.  Part of me wants to over bid 1000 just to get that troll smashing the bid button at the last second.  But I cant afford to be that petty... 

I've also won some.  This is a blast.  Just all emotional after those mag 48s

• Thanks 1