Belinda cigars.......why such a tragic fall from grace??

23 minutes ago, ATGroom said:

I've been wondering about the status of Belinda for a while, actually. Does anyone know if they're still available anywhere? As far as I can tell, I think they were discontinued around 2014. Be keen to hear about it if anyone has a more recent box date than that.

I think Ravi gets the tubo's occasionally, but as yet I haven't summed up the courage.   To be honest I wish they'd do it properly, or not at all.  Surely R&J do enough second rate little cigars to satisfy the whole market, without having to drag poor Belinda into having to do the dirty work.  

1 hour ago, 99call said:

I think Ravi gets the tubo's occasionally, but as yet I haven't summed up the courage. 

I'm foolhardy.  PM me your address and I'll send you out a 3-pack.

I had one yesterday evening.  By that time, I already had a HUPC and PLMC earlier that day, plus pizza for dinner and a few tipples of V&T and Bourbon Sazerac - didn't want to waste something nice on a frazzled palate.  It's not a bad smoke - burns well and slowly, somewhat sweet and unobtrusive, but without much in the way of character.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 4/29/2019 at 2:09 PM, earthson said:

I'm foolhardy.  PM me your address and I'll send you out a 3-pack.

I had one yesterday evening.  By that time, I already had a HUPC and PLMC earlier that day, plus pizza for dinner and a few tipples of V&T and Bourbon Sazerac - didn't want to waste something nice on a frazzled palate.  It's not a bad smoke - burns well and slowly, somewhat sweet and unobtrusive, but without much in the way of character.

Sorry, I've only just seen this. Very kind offer, but my two humidors are literally jammed up, I couldn't fit a rizla paper in there. Thanks again for the offer.

Just saw this, another great advert from Dunhill New York

s-l1600 (98).jpg

9 hours ago, 99call said:

Sorry, I've only just seen this. Very kind offer, but my two humidors are literally jammed up, I couldn't fit a rizla paper in there. Thanks again for the offer.

Just saw this, another great advert from Dunhill New York

s-l1600 (98).jpg

No worries, amigo.  You're not missing much, other than a respectable cigar to smoke while drunken around a bonfire.

I am so curious as to what these used to be like.  The quality, long-filler ones.