Washington Redskins - Colt McCoy

Oh boy.  Not good!

https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/4/23/18512730/colt-mccoy-has-third-surgery-done-on-broken-leg-missing-redskins-otas

So I think this cements it.  Either they trade for Josh Rosen of the Cardinals or they draft a qb.  I would be ok with a second round and maybe a conditional next year for Rosen.  Otherwise they will have to figure out how to get one at the fifteen spot this year.  Which should be doable. 

I still think we need to draft a new owner and get rid of Bruce Allen!  As someone who grew up in the Washington DC area and remembers the loyal fan base and the fact we had a waiting list for tickets compared to what we have now, changes at the top are needed.  Rant over.  

3 minutes ago, tsolomon said:

I still think we need to draft a new owner and get rid of Bruce Allen!  As someone who grew up in the Washington DC area and remembers the loyal fan base and the fact we had a waiting list for tickets compared to what we have now, changes at the top are needed.  Rant over.  

+1 on this. I think it will be impossible to right this ship until Snyder and crew are gone. Very sad to be a skins fan since Snyder took over. 

the bizarre thing is that dan S actually is a fan. you'd think he'd be doing everything. shifting Bruce A away from football operations a start. 

problem with attempting to draft a new QB is that gruden is on last chance. so he does not want to be spending his time trying to get a rookie up to scratch. so unless they can get one they really believe in, then rosen a likely option. or possibly he has been told to work with what he has and that we won't waste our top pick on yet another useless QB. 

i know the rumours about ramsey are a huge longshot but i'd be happy to give up a first for him. or a top edge rusher. 

1 minute ago, bsubtown said:

The saddest thing about the situation (outside of Colt's leg, I suppose) is that your season could be derailed by lingering Colt McCoy injury. HTTR indeed. 

even sadder is that a fit mccoy probably wouldn't have made the season any better. he is a backup at best. 

17 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

even sadder is that a fit mccoy probably wouldn't have made the season any better. he is a backup at best. 

Yeah, this.

Weather he is healthy or on IR is really immaterial. The Skins will have the same number of Starting QB's this year either way. with the Defensive talent in this draft I wouldn't be surprised if one of the "top" guys fell to you. I agree its doubtful though, as you said Gruden doesn't have much time left. 

Hope Haskins does well, but lots of great college players can't handle the pace of the NFL once they start playing with the big boys. Look at David Carr who was Texans #1 overall pick years ago. Then look at Tom Brady,  6th round pick. You just never know, it's like a crap shoot.

Well, so far the Redskins have done exceedingly well in my opinion.  Surprisingly actually.  :lol3:  Every move they have made so far I am good with.  Will be glued to the tube at noon today (EST) to see who they get next and if they can continue to make good choices.

And yea, Bruce Allen has got to go.  Sadly that doesn't seem to be going to happen.  :tantrum:  Can't do anything about the owner.  :mad: