thoughts go out to Sri Lanka

It's terrible that whether it be natural catastrophe, terrorism or whatever........we all seem to be a little less plugged into when tragedy when it hits developing nations.  

With the figure approaching 300, sparing a thought to the wonderful people of Sri Lanka.  Every Sri Lankan I've ever met, in work, socially, or on my travels have been the kindest, most generous and welcoming people you could hope to meet. 

Wishing the people and the country a speedy recovery

• Like 4

My brother-in-law is Sri Lankan so this is all a little 'close to home' for me. He'll probably abandon plans to visit his elderly folks over there this year. This is all a bit raw for me right now because I'm betwixt with anger and the timeliness of Easter..."Love your neighbour as yourself". If you're Jewish and your neighbour is Palestinian, for example, that maxim takes on a whole new meaning.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JohnS said:

"Love your neighbour as yourself". If you're Jewish and your neighbour is Palestinian, for example, that maxim takes on a whole new meaning.

Sorry to hear John, I'm sure he'll have a great depth of support from yourself. 

Sadly there are a great many people out there with cruel intention, and whether they use business, religion or whatever to justify their actions, the truth is much simpler, they are just weak, stupid, horrible people.

It takes much more skill, and talent to create, then it does to destroy, and their actions only go to illustrate that they are without worth or importance.

Best wishes to you and your family. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/22/2019 at 1:05 PM, Brian24 said:

Just terrible.

***And uncalled for