FOHrensics Ep 2: Which drink pairs best with a cigar?

Ferrero

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grab a cigar and your favourite drink...       

My preferred beverage 

So I decided to do my own experiment and see if it was just Orange Juice or if other Orange drinks or other Juices made a difference when smoking a cigar.  I paired it with a cigar I've smoked qu

Great initial video. I didn't read every posting here but a decent dry champagne pairs incredibly well with cigars. Discovered that by accident one night and keep a few bottles around for that purpose. Otherwise, I don't really care for champagne all that much.

• 1 month later...

If I really want to do a tasting and/or it's an aged/vintage cigar, water. Coffee w a morning smoke and beer for eve. smoked. That said, I always have water to rinse my pallet occasionally. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2019 at 9:32 PM, Psiman said:

Vintage Port of over 20 years would be better than the Muscat. Sauterne is also great. My favorite may be Jin Jun Mei Chinese black tea. Cigar and alcohol pairings I've done, none better than old vintage Ports. The complexity is ridiculous.  I would like to see a tea pairing contest on FOH

I have to agree. A good Chinese or Taiwanese tea, or coffee have always been my favorite pairing. I need to try OJ now. 

On 4/15/2019 at 6:54 PM, 99call said:

Yep, I'm surprised more FOH haven't cottoned on to how good high quality reposado and anejo tequila is with cigars.   I adore the Paloma cocktail

2x shots of Reposado Tequila

1x tablespoon of of Agavero liquer or Agave necter

Ice, and toped up with unsweetened Pink Grapefruit juice.  wedge of lime and squeeze of lime,  Sprig of Mint.   Salt rim optional

Lovely stuff. 

Screenshot 2019-04-15 at 09.47.28.jpg

Any chance you are from the states? I feel like a lot of times people forget how low quality most countries get. I'm sure supply chain is getting better to some places, but from other booze nerds in other countries I always hear about how difficult it is to get agave spirits when you aren't in the US or Mexico. 

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...