Was Perusing MRN Today....

.....smoking a Norteño, and I came across the Punch Triunfos. I know it’s a machine made and has been discontinued for 40 years, but something about that 109 head and a 42 gauge really does it for me. Even the name is fantastic.

Random post, I know.

D8FB1BBB-686A-427E-B3E7-BE5B7528AD45.jpeg

• Like 3

Personally I don't get it.......it's seems like every man and his dog these days thinks that anything with a 109 drop head equals a great cigar.

Well, a lot of them have been recently.

I agree, however, that there is a rather weak correlation between the shape of the head and the flavor ;)

41 minutes ago, 99call said:

Personally I don't get it.......it's seems like every man and his dog these days thinks that anything with a 109 drop head equals a great cigar.

Not “great”, just great looking. If they came out with these again my reaction would be:

89C2AC2B-4CB7-43FA-8D90-35E47169692D.jpeg

1 minute ago, bpm32 said:

Not “great”, just great looking. If they came out with these again my reaction would be:

Haha, what ever floats your boat dude. 

I enjoy the go......not the show.     To each their own, I can see the interest, it just doesn't feature that highly for me.

1 minute ago, 99call said:

Haha, what ever floats your boat dude. 

I enjoy the go......not the show.     To each their own, I can see the interest, it just doesn't feature that highly for me.

I know myself--maybe it's my Asian-ness, but I'm particularly susceptible to marketing. Hell, if they put them in a nice box with nice bands they could charge me a lot more--I'd buy a cajon of them. And even if they tasted like crap I'd tell myself "just 30 more years and these'll be fantastic."

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, 99call said:

I agree and I'll add this is not even a "109" head", it's the typical MM'head of yesteryear… 

38 minutes ago, Smallclub said:

I agree and I'll add this is not even a "109" head", it's the typical MM'head of yesteryear… 

you're taking the words out of my mouth - standard machine-made head, nothing special.