Looks like I need to start locking up my cigars...


Recommended Posts

I’m in the same boat. My 3 year old son asks me every time I smoke a cigar if he is “big enough to smoke a cigar yet.” I have to say not yet pal. You are a big boy but not an adult. Maybe the few Sir David singles I have will be ready to smoke when he turns 18. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Bram Smoker said:

I’m in the same boat. My 3 year old son asks me every time I smoke a cigar if he is “big enough to smoke a cigar yet.” I have to say not yet pal. You are a big boy but not an adult. Maybe the few Sir David singles I have will be ready to smoke when he turns 18. 

Or you could do what my friend and cigar mentor did with me - give him a 5 years aged hoyo double corona when he's 12 ?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I was very young ( 4 or 5), my grandfather had a country store, sold everything from clothes to feed for livestock. Remember grabbing a Tampa Nugget cigar ( cuban tobacco - rolled in US), when no one was watching, smoked it in the woods behind the store. My first.....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's no telling....My kid ended up a straightedge vegan jazz guitar player at 21. No smoke, no drink, no animal products.

My stash is safe...all of them! ?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I learned fairly early into my parenting career that de-mystifying things and being open is the way to go. My wife and I came home to a strange smell and my step-daughter's boyfriend and friend were smoking some old dead cigar butts that I had left in the ashtray. They looked at us like they were totally busted! So I told them, "If you ever want a cigar, you only have to ask." So I broke out a handful of robustos and we all sat on the patio and had smokes. They were about 14 and after a half hour both of them were totally green! Both puked and never asked me for a cigar again :)

Fast forward about 15 years and my 10 year old son asked me what cigars taste like. So I let him had a puff on a monte #2. "Dad that's yucky!" No more mystery.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, avaldes said:

... My wife and I came home to a strange smell and my step-daughter's boyfriend and friend were smoking some old dead cigar butts that I had left in the ashtray. They looked at us like they were totally busted! So I told them, "If you ever want a cigar, you only have to ask." So I broke out a handful of robustos and we all sat on the patio and had smokes. They were about 14 and after a half hour both of them were totally green! Both puked and never asked me for a cigar again :) ...

13.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hxmBE8lVP0

?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, J-ROB said:

There's no telling....My kid ended up a straightedge vegan jazz guitar player at 21. No smoke, no drink, no animal products.

My stash is safe...all of them! ?

The day my boy announces he's become a vegan is the day I start frying bacon every morning and grilling steak every night until those delicious aromas bring him back to his senses!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, avaldes said:

I learned fairly early into my parenting career that de-mystifying things and being open is the way to go. My wife and I came home to a strange smell and my step-daughter's boyfriend and friend were smoking some old dead cigar butts that I had left in the ashtray. They looked at us like they were totally busted! So I told them, "If you ever want a cigar, you only have to ask." So I broke out a handful of robustos and we all sat on the patio and had smokes. They were about 14 and after a half hour both of them were totally green! Both puked and never asked me for a cigar again :)

Fast forward about 15 years and my 10 year old son asked me what cigars taste like. So I let him had a puff on a monte #2. "Dad that's yucky!" No more mystery.

Demystification.  I wish that was an approved parenting technique.  Except for German gluhwein.  As an  army brat I spent 9 years in Germany.  We went on a lot of volksmarsches and my Dad would let me taste beer.  I never cared for it until I was in my 20s.  But as an 11 year old, I developed an instant liking to hot gluhwein and love it just as much today.  

 

8 hours ago, TBird55 said:

When I was very young ( 4 or 5), my grandfather had a country store, sold everything from clothes to feed for livestock. Remember grabbing a Tampa Nugget cigar ( cuban tobacco - rolled in US), when no one was watching, smoked it in the woods behind the store. My first.....

"In the woods..."  The sanctuary for children who are doing what they're not supposed to be doing.

9 years old.  My friend snuck a pack of his Dad's Winchester cigars (they look like cigarettes).  Smoked my first one in the woods outside Drake Kaserne (where Elvis was stationed).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.