Pre Embargo Habana Ashtrays

Wow very cool.  I imagine dark interiors, ice cubes clinking in expensive drinks, dense blue cigar smoke just above head level, and the murmur of movers and shakers.  There would be two of your ashtrays at every table and a cigar on every slot.  Probably perfectos.

21 minutes ago, aphexafx said:

Wow very cool.  I imagine dark interiors, ice cubes clinking in expensive drinks, dense blue cigar smoke just above head level, and the murmur of movers and shakers.  There would be two of your ashtrays at every table and a cigar on every slot.  Probably perfectos.

Yep these items have a great deal of historic value.  As you so well illustrated, these still, quiet items sat in the throng of some of the most entertaining and socially vibrant nights maybe ever enjoyed.  The things they've seen,  I've been looking for a long time for the right ashtray, and glad to have found it.

1 minute ago, oliverdst said:

people love the heavyweight Hotel Nacional ashtray. The heavier the better. it´s not my opinion, I think it´s a hassle to have such a piece on a table. just IMO.

Yep, to each their own, I'm not a fan of them, but it's good many people are, as I'm sure it's a welcomed source of income to many. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, oliverdst said:

people love the heavyweight Hotel Nacional ashtray. The heavier the better. it´s not my opinion, I think it´s a hassle to have such a piece on a table. just IMO.

I have solid crystal Dunhill ashtray that is pretty heavy and hard to lift of the table.  The edges are hard to get a finger under.

• Like 1

Just now, chris12381 said:

I always thought my "La Moda" ashtray was kinda cool.  Never thought anyone else would as well! 

Hats off to you Sir,  I like your style. :2thumbs:

Sadly I couldn't find any images of La Moda, the business

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

I have solid crystal Dunhill ashtray that is pretty heavy and hard to lift of the table.  The edges are hard to get a finger under.

I agree but crystal is another league.

I have a Dunhill too, just for one cigar and it is pretty heavy.

• 2 weeks later...