FOH Fishing International

This is a concept that I really want to complete this year. :fishing:

FOH Fishing International

Conducted over one weekend in say May 25th and 26th. 

Global Member comp. 

Catch and Release. 

Prizes for different categories (accessories/cigars/etal). 

Register for the comp and post your catches throughout the day or at the days end. 

Fish one or both days. 

Dedicated thread

Locate members from your own area through the thread and maybe even fish together. 

We need 20.  At this point I need a hand in determining the categories. Let me know what they should be (serious and fun!)

I also need to know who would be interested. If so, you need to lock in at least one of the two days.  I have some excellent prizes :spotlight:

flesh this out for me and let's get it done.  Let us know if you are a potential starter. We will firm it up at the end of March. 

Sounds like fun.

I would like to see a Pickerel/Walleye class and a Pike class. May 25 weekend is traditionally a fishing weekend for us here (Ontario). I will fish both days regardless if this tournament develops into something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SlimOne said:

Sounds like fun.

I would like to see a Pickerel/Walleye class and a Pike class. May 25 weekend is traditionally a fishing weekend for us here (Ontario). I will fish both days regardless if this tournament develops into something.

I definitely like those classes, I've done a lot of Walleye, Crappie, Pike, and Muskie fishing on Lake of the Woods. It's beautiful up there. I can't lock in yet, as I am between jobs, and a lot of my scheduling depends on that, but if I went, it would probably be Trout fly fishing in Colorado or Small Mouth Bass in SoCal, so could be interested in either class.

I'm in. Could be a lot of different classes. I'm strictly freshwater, so largemouth bass and catfish would be my main 2 I can go after. Should be a decent amount of support as those are very common sport fish in the US.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I’m game. You’ll have to really break down the categories thoroughly. Saltwater v freshwater. Types of reels?  Classes of fish. Personally, I occasionally fish for largemouth bass, but what I prefer to catch the most are bluegill. They’re not big but pound for pound they fight harder than anything else that swims where I live. I’m not sure why catch and release would be a requirement. I would intend to catch and release into a lodge frying pan after a generous dredging in seasoned cornmeal. 

20 minutes ago, MD Puffer said:

I’m game. You’ll have to really break down the categories thoroughly. Saltwater v freshwater. Types of reels?  Classes of fish. Personally, I occasionally fish for largemouth bass, but what I prefer to catch the most are bluegill. They’re not big but pound for pound they fight harder than anything else that swims where I live. I’m not sure why catch and release would be a requirement. I would intend to catch and release into a lodge frying pan after a generous dredging in seasoned cornmeal. 

We can have as many categories as we like.  

Catch and release is what we tend to practice here but that is not a prerequisite (in the final rules). 

The rule is put in place to stop ken from taking 10 minutes of photos with a fish in order to make it look bigger......before he puts it back in the water whereby it floats to the surface on its back. ;)

Handheld scales are fairly inexpensive. Maybe weight would be a good way to rank them?

Or by length?  Using a CC as a standard measurement of length (since they’re of known measurements).

Despite having a lake on my family’s farm I don’t get out fishing nearly as much as I’d like or used to. So when I do get a chance to reel ‘em in, they’re gettin et. 

Based on all the fishing threads I’ve read about this Ken fellow, he obviously needs to start with a negative handicap to even the playing field!

A few of us have a trip planned for April 27-28 out of Hemingway marina. A bit early as well, I imagine...maybe we'll wait until May to develop the pictures ;)

• Like 2

I would recommend keeping it super simple. Salt and freshwater, perhaps conventional and fly in each. You don’t have to be judged against the same species. Since this is an international forum you could end up with too many categories.

• Like 1

I’m in for just about any other weekend than May 25th/26th..  I’m always in Indianapolis for the 500 that weekend. Not sure the best way to judge this across different species of fish. I’ll be fishing primarily for bass and crappie. I think there should be a separate award for overall most impressive. If someone pulls in a blue marlin, that’s worth something in my book!

4 hours ago, avaldes said:

I would recommend keeping it super simple. Salt and freshwater, perhaps conventional and fly in each. You don’t have to be judged against the same species. Since this is an international forum you could end up with too many categories.

Bingo. 

Simple it will be.  

Fresh and Salt 

Fly  and Conventional. 

Best fish              (I will have guide Gav Platz choose the winners). 

Best effort

Best dressed

Maybe a 2019 FOH Fishing International  fishing shirt to the winners with a selection of cigars?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm easily in :)

I'm waiting for the sea trout and salmon season that begins in April here in Sweden:)

already prepared a Montecristo especial no 1 to be enjoyed on that evening. Hopefully after a nice catch :D

I'm in, but I'm no size queen that weekend will be in the Lake District and going after an Easedale Tarn brown trout which generally come in at 8 inches max. But they are beautiful.

Sent from my ActionMan walkie-talkie

Last weekend of April 27th and 28th. Let's lock it in. 

I will let Ben work on the categories so that we have them up next week for comment.  

I will call Capt Gav his week, book the boat, and pick his brain. he has run international tournaments before (tuna). :spotlight:

• Like 1

Last weekend of April 27th and 28th. Let's lock it in. 
I will let Ben work on the categories so that we have them up next week for comment.  
I will call Capt Gav his week, book the boat, and pick his brain. he has run international tournaments before (tuna). :spotlight:

I'm out - I'll be 250 miles away from my target on those dates. No matter, but I'll be watching events unfold avidly.

Sent from my ActionMan walkie-talkie