Christmas Trip to Cuba

Looks like a fantastic trip! Think I recognize a couple of those folks.

Happy New Year Andy!

In cigar news.

I visited about 10 of the shops, my wife came to the first 6 or so...

Upmann Noellas available, as above.

No Sir Winstons I could find anywhere.

No limiteds or regionals. Somebody was asking me about Talismans, not a chance, publicly at least.

Punch 48s about. Good price at $83.

No Connoisseur Bs this time.

Plenty of ashtrays at the Nacional, where Carlos substituted HC 3 for Especial (other way around, it's late here) in our mojitos and wouldn't accept a tip. Nice touch.

Lots of Monsdales, Reynaldo in good form, as were Juanita, Vivian, Heriberto, Odalys etc. Yolanda off that day. Didn't make it to Commodoro.

Partagas festival planned for 2nd week in November. They'd be wise to avoid November 16, 2019 in Havana.

No word on 2019 Cuban Regional but I wasn't really asking.

Santiago 11 available here and there in various bars. Espacios had bottles as had Club Habana.

Santiago 12 on sale at the Melia Habana.

7 minutes ago, Derboesekoenig said:

How did you get into El Laguito??

Quick answer, charm and good looks.

Honest answer. I've been lucky to have been going there a while. Plus I don't try to buy cigars from the rollers there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Ryan said:

No Sir Winstons I could find anywhere.

Somebody was asking me about Talismans, not a chance, publicly at least.

No word on 2019 Cuban Regional but I wasn't really asking.

Surprising on SW, they're usually everywhere. Yes on special things.

I think the regional is a Puch Robusto. 

1 minute ago, mk05 said:

Surprising on SW, they're usually everywhere. Yes on special things.

I think the regional is a Puch Robusto. 

I know regarding the SW, loads in November.

I'd have thought the 2019 for Cuba would be a San Cristobal, given the year.

9 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I know regarding the SW, loads in November.

I'd have thought the 2019 for Cuba would be a San Cristobal, given the year.

I am sure Habanos will do something interesting for San Cristobal.

• Like 1

I am pretty sure the Cuban regional it will be a SCDLH. Some pictures of it since 2018. I think some members already had it.

About November 16 it took me some seconds to understand. It's 500 years Habana anniversary. 

In 2018 it was a Friday, gala dinner. Agree it wouldn't be good to have Partagás week so close to this date.

We may have passed each other out and about.  My wife and I were in Havana from 12/22 to 12/26.  I did most of my cigar shopping on 12/23 and was not able to meet Yolanda or Alex because it was their day off, but I did meet Reynaldo.  I'll write up a trip report in a separate thread.

As for Sir Winstons, I went to Old Partagas, Conde, H Upmann, Habana Libre, Riviera, Melia Cohiba, Melia Habana, Comodoro, Nacional, and 5ta Avenida (Club Habana was closed on 12/23) and the only Sir Winstons were 4 boxes tucked in a corner at Nacional (of which I bought 1 box on 12/24).

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, HDGSN said:

We may have passed each other out and about.  My wife and I were in Havana from 12/22 to 12/26.  I did most of my cigar shopping on 12/23 and was not able to meet Yolanda or Alex because it was their day off, but I did meet Reynaldo.  I'll write up a trip report in a separate thread.

As for Sir Winstons, I went to Old Partagas, Conde, H Upmann, Habana Libre, Riviera, Melia Cohiba, Melia Habana, Comodoro, Nacional, and 5ta Avenida (Club Habana was closed on 12/23) and the only Sir Winstons were 4 boxes tucked in a corner at Nacional (of which I bought 1 box on 12/24).

During the Partagás week last november I met many many people that I know from here, Facebook, Instagram... but they didn't know me!

The reason was basically because I don't like to have pictures of mine online so most people don't know how I look like. I am changing that. 

46 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

Did you get to take them to El Tocororo?

No, just me and a London-Irish friend, also visiting. Nicola and the boys were tired and took a night off.

Tocororo very quiet, we ended up being the last two there. I think the regulars took one look at us and got the hell outta there!