Aristocrat Humidors (buying a used one)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I left to go pick up this humidor thinking it would fit in my passenger seat.... photos of humidors require something for scale. So... after renting a uhaul, I got this beautiful box home. Love it!

How old is the unit? I’d consider that as well They are excellent cabinets, but if it’s more than a year or 2 old I’d buy a new one I’d also go BIGGER, they fill faster than you would e

Just hung up with Bob and gave him a deposit on a Majestic 42.  I don't  need temp control so that saved a few Shekels.   So 12 weeks Sept 18 but who is counting.....

Was wondering about it fitting in your sports car and thinking a uhaul truck would have been better. If it had fit into your car, pictures would have been a necessary!

Nice find.

• Like 1

It would have looked something like this?
That is the couch AND loveseat. My father drove 60 miles on the freeway.
I did offer to rent a Uhaul. My offer was strongly frowned upon!
3E364186-9987-4ED9-A6BA-AD7475EAA86C.thumb.jpeg.ccd24603ac081b9a17f75f6009c738df.jpeg
15E6F609-7E31-46DD-BA25-F4F017EE5D1A.thumb.jpeg.84b1e8c654c1b45529425a821f408033.jpeg
18F853CD-30F7-4951-8878-9E1123FF9476.thumb.jpeg.792643455622d93628070ce9761e3e4f.jpeg

Holy crap lol that’s insane!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ve spent the last few hours reboxing all my cigars. It must say, having all this new room is amazing and the quality of this humidor is off the charts! I can’t wait to have a big one built to my specs! He does beautiful work!

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/29/2018 at 2:45 AM, liquid360 said:

I’ve spent the last few hours reboxing all my cigars. It must say, having all this new room is amazing and the quality of this humidor is off the charts! I can’t wait to have a big one built to my specs! He does beautiful work!

Is it filled yet? lol

Bravo sir, bravo! Almost time for another one.

Lol much thanks!! I was extremely naive, but I truly believed this would be enough for year(s). Instead, not even a month. I believe come autumn I’ll bite the bullet and order a huge Aristocrat built to my specs. I’ll go as big as my home will allow.

I'm trying to figure that out myself. I converted and set up (2) 28-30 bottle wine coolers...and instantly filled those. I was thinking a 50-60 box aristocrat will be enough now. I know it'll be filled quick as well, but 80-90 boxes should probably be my hard limit anyhow. 

I’m going with no less than 200+. If I fill that it’ll be obvious that I’ve lost my tenuous grasp on reality. I say imagine how many you might buy and x4.

On 7/27/2018 at 5:48 PM, liquid360 said:

Pretty damn close [ec5bbdbca2026bb6fd78f2615d5c8790d.jpgmoji22]

What size Aristocrat is that?  Do you know?  I placed an order for a Mini Tall in Dark Brown Mahagony back in early May and Bob called Friday to tell me it’s almost done and will be ready for pick up this week.  As a fellow citizen of Dallas, fortunately I can run over to his shop to pick it up and save myself a few extra days of anguish waiting for it to arrive!

I would have loved to go larger but with about 20 boxes in my collection, I figured I’m about at the max I can justify without also having to hire a divorce lawyer!  It’s a war of attrition ... I’ll get there eventually!

What size Aristocrat is that?  Do you know?  I placed an order for a Mini Tall in Dark Brown Mahagony back in early May and Bob called Friday to tell me it’s almost done and will be ready for pick up this week.  As a fellow citizen of Dallas, fortunately I can run over to his shop to pick it up and save myself a few extra days of anguish waiting for it to arrive!
I would have loved to go larger but with about 20 boxes in my collection, I figured I’m about at the max I can justify without also having to hire a divorce lawyer!  It’s a war of attrition ... I’ll get there eventually!

I’m not sure. It holds around 50 boxes. In my opinion, based upon my experience, whatever number you come up with in your head, multiply x4. I assumed 50 boxes would be FAR more than enough. I filled in a bit over a month. Just tell the wife that Cuban cigars require plenty of room
That’s pretty awesome you can pick it up vs shipping. That would be nice!

There’s no doubt in my mind that I’ll wish I had gone larger.  But, I’ve got to start somewhere and then complain to the misses over the course of a year or two how I’ve outgrown my Aristocrat and I’m throwing away money by missing 24:24 deals that I would buy if i had space to store the boxes.

Filling a lake, drop by drop.  It’ll happen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lol well sounds like you have a plan. Prior to this, I had seven large desktop humidors around the house. Having one large humidor capable of storing boxes vs sticks... I can’t overstate just how awesome it is. As much as you suspect you’ll love it, you will love it even more and wonder how you ever survived without one. You can tell these were built to last lifetimes. They are just awesome, a gift from God.

1 hour ago, liquid360 said:

Lol well sounds like you have a plan. Prior to this, I had seven large desktop humidors around the house. Having one large humidor capable of storing boxes vs sticks... I can’t overstate just how awesome it is. As much as you suspect you’ll love it, you will love it even more and wonder how you ever survived without one. You can tell these were built to last lifetimes. They are just awesome, a gift from God.

Exactly my circumstances at present!  I have three Tupperdors and one desktop humidor.  I can’t wait to have everything in one humidor.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, cmbarton said:

Exactly my circumstances at present!  I have three Tupperdors and one desktop humidor.  I can’t wait to have everything in one humidor.

You can fit around 30 boxes (give or take) in a 100 qt cooler with beads for a total investment of about $100.  I realize it’s not as aesthetic as an Aristocrat, but it is economic and holds humidity extremely well. All you need is a cool basement and you are in business. Just a suggestion from someone who also grew tired of desktops and Tupperware  

D8E50986-56E6-4581-A6CB-F677CBE85BEA.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cayman17 said:

You can fit around 30 boxes (give or take) in a 100 qt cooler with beads for a total investment of about $100.  I realize it’s not as aesthetic as an Aristocrat, but it is economic and holds humidity extremely well. All you need is a cool basement and you are in business. Just a suggestion from someone who also grew tired of desktops and Tupperware  

D8E50986-56E6-4581-A6CB-F677CBE85BEA.jpeg

I’m not going to argue with that!  Coolerdors and Tupperdors are the very definition of “function over form.”  Where they fall short in presentation, they excel in performance.

Aristocrats are both form and function, which of course comes at a price.  

• Like 1

I have two desk tops, a coolador, 3 tupadors and about 30 boxes in ziplocks all with Bovedas... and waiting for delivery of a Aristocrat mid September but will have no issue going back when it is full to satisfy my problem?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, wineguy said:

I have two desk tops, a coolador, 3 tupadors and about 30 boxes in ziplocks all with Bovedas... and waiting for delivery of a Aristocrat mid September but will have no issue going back when it is full to satisfy my problem?

Which Aristocrat did you end up going with?

• Like 1