New Quintero Band

16 hours ago, Fugu said:

Well, you said it yourself, the old one looking cheaper, and true - which I find indeed perfectly adequate for the product.

Yes, I suppose this is true, but why must the band be lame just because the cigar is cheap? There's no reason all cigars can't have nice bands. I suppose certain looks require additional materials that could raise the price so perhaps limit colors and gold and embossing for a cheaper marca, but even with those limitations a nicer, crisper and more appealing band can be designed. 

The way I see it, it's a nice gift to those who buy Quintero. Just because you smoke a cheap cigar doesn't mean you want it to have a lame presentation. Just because someone drives a cheap car doesn't mean they don't want it to look good, or at least to not look ugly. The two aren't mutually exclusive. And something like band design is a one-and-done effort with little cost. Just email the file over to Vrijdag and they print 'em up. HSA has them print up limited numbers of bands all the time for ERs, and that's only for 30,000-60,000 bands. This band is for 20+ years. 

And believe me, the profit margin on Quintero is pretty high in my estimation. Seconds wrappers only usable for Quintero or JLP, and judging from the recent Quinteros I've smoked very little Vuelta Abajo leaf. Selling for $2.50-3.50/stick with a ton of volume. And don't forget, they did spruce up the JLP bands for the 1996 re-launch. 

I agree though--no reason to alter the classic Quintero font. Could have kept that.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/19/2018 at 9:34 PM, oliverdst said:

Usually when I have a 100% solid information and I am sure about it too I mention the source. You can check my history (dont waste your time doing it) and you will see that I've been doing that for a long time.

When I have an information that for any reason I dont feel confortable opening the source I dont do it, In this specific case the problem is not the source - who has been always right - but with HSA. We kind of know how they work and if for any reason this band doesnt appear in a near future the source may look like a clown for some, what I dont want. But like I told you, I have never heard wrong infos coming from him.

Just to illustrate what I am saying. The Vegueros new logo was designed for someone who works in many Habanos products. It's been ready for almost 2 years I guess. Have you ever seen it? No. In this same scenario it is the Quinteros band.

Some rumors in Facebook about Habanos. Nothing special but it was mentioned that Vegueros will somehow be  "revamped".

"Just like Quai d’Orsay had a revamp this last year, now Habanos will be focusing efforts on the Vegueros line and tweaking the flavors and possibly introducing new sizes. It is the belief at Habanos that the Vegueros line of cigars has greater potential than current production receives."

So maybe that new Vegueros logo that I mentioned will be seen in a near future.

I will look for it in my old files and post it here.