Jimmy_jack

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

March21-28  

Not a bad haul from Cuba. 2 Cabs of HDM DC were my most sought after. Plus Sir Winstons, Monty 80th (almost a box via singles) 2 bundles from Alex (Siglo VI and Puntilla) , 2 Leyandas, 2 La Trovas, Pu

Four large ashtrays...... this one going on eBay when I get back?????

0DE55ED3-0B4F-44DC-ABE3-FAC3FD6865E6.jpeg

• Like 4

Not a bad haul from Cuba. 2 Cabs of HDM DC were my most sought after. Plus Sir Winstons, Monty 80th (almost a box via singles) 2 bundles from Alex (Siglo VI and Puntilla) , 2 Leyandas, 2 La Trovas, Punch La Isla, H. Upman 2 and Famoso. Only thing I didn't get was Fundadores. Couldn't find them anywhere.  Plus the infamous ash tray.  Gone to cuba many times, but never grabbed the ash tray.   Finally did.

ThisOne.thumb.jpg.2f93c46c8d91b5cf1deb40ab55515927.jpg
thisone2.thumb.jpg.9786da9c7ac44173221b472291b7749d.jpg

Were the isla and Trova hard to find? Hopefully they weren’t hiding and you had to bribe them
Nice on the HDM DC!! And punch DC cabs around?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, havanaclub said:

Were the isla and Trova hard to find? Hopefully they weren’t hiding and you had to bribe them emoji1787.pngemoji1787.png
Nice on the HDM DC!! And punch DC cabs around?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isla were everywhere.  Hotel Nacional had a ton of them as did the comodoro.  Comodoro has the early ones, already a year old.  Box numbers were like 500 out of 10k.  Hotel nacional's were numbers in the 9k's and were just a few months old.  But again, I saw them at every single LCDH.

La Trovas were harder.  They were not on display anywhere.  Had to ask and they "found" them in the backrooms.

Punch DC's were around in 25 box.  One of the stores had a cab of 2018.  I was so tempted to get it.  Didn't have the room, plus I have a lot of Punch cabs. Got one of those 2018 cabs back in my January trip.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
17 minutes ago, VKUTT said:

Have you already sold all your ashtrays? 

I have 2 left.... 

1 hour ago, VKUTT said:

Ok thx. I have a buddy who was looking for one. If he's still interested I'll let u know. 

Price? Feel free to PM me if you dont want to post it here. 

Make me an offer...... I'm keeping one and selling the last one.

On 11/12/2019 at 12:45 AM, mtapia3 said:

Boxes that were nowhere to be found:

- La Trova

-Connie B's

- Sir Winnies

- QDO Coronas

- VR Unicos (Only 1 or 2 boxes of Famosos seen in a couple of the shops)

- Party 898's

- LGC No.4 

- Partagas Salamones 

Per usual, no Behike or Reservas and Cohiba was only available in the smaller sizes in most shops. 

I think we were there the same time.  I was there Mon-Wed.  On your list.  Sir Winstons were there (I got 2 boxes).  VR Unicos were there.  A few conny B's and a fair amount of Cohiba Robusto.  You missed some things :)

9 minutes ago, Monterey said:

I think we were there the same time.  I was there Mon-Wed.  On your list.  Sir Winstons were there (I got 2 boxes).  VR Unicos were there.  A few conny B's and a fair amount of Cohiba Robusto.  You missed some things :)

Dang don't tell me that! I was there Nov 2-5. I'll admit, my head was a bit cloudy from the copious amounts of rum, so it's very possible I missed a few things. 

14 hours ago, mtapia3 said:

Dang don't tell me that! I was there Nov 2-5. I'll admit, my head was a bit cloudy from the copious amounts of rum, so it's very possible I missed a few things. 

Just goes to show ya, I was there the 2nd week of October. No Sir Winnie’s to be found. I hit Old P factory, Atmosphere, Conde V, M Libre, M Cohiba, Nacional and 5th Ave,  with SW’s at the top of my list.

What a difference a day makes...

On 11/12/2019 at 3:45 AM, mtapia3 said:

This was a quick 3 day trip and as always, I wish I had more time for cigar hunting. The overall cigar selection was not bad this time around. The following is a list of the stores I visited with some of the standout boxes I saw at each one.

Habana Libre LCDH:

- Cabs of Lusi's and HDM DC's

- Per usual, they only sold the rare stuff in singles (Talisman, Monte 80th, La Trova, Connie B, HU Propios, Sir Winnie, Siglo Vl, Espys, Cohiba Maduro) 

Hotel Nacional LCDH: 

- Partagas Maduro No. 2 (Only 2 boxes) 

Partagas LCDH: 

- Tons of SCDLH Torreon

Conde Villanueva LCDH:

- MC 1935 Dumas & Maltes

5ta Avenida LCDH:

- Party E2 (Only place I found in 25 ct) 

- HDM Escodigos (2 boxes) 

Palacio de la Artesania: 

- HU Propios (2 boxes)

- 1935 Leyenda

- Trinidad Fundadores 

* Don't skip on this shop. Just as good if not better than most LCDH's. 

Boxes that were plentiful in most shops:

- Punch La Isla

- QDO 50 & 54 (54 only in 10s) 

- Punch DC in dress boxes

- HDM Rio Seco & San Juan (10s & 25s)

- Bolivar Libertador

- Monte Especial 

- R&J Tacos

- SCDLH Torreon 

Boxes that were nowhere to be found:

- La Trova

-Connie B's

- Sir Winnies

- QDO Coronas

- VR Unicos (Only 1 or 2 boxes of Famosos seen in a couple of the shops)

- Party 898's

- LGC No.4 

- Partagas Salamones 

Per usual, no Behike or Reservas and Cohiba was only available in the smaller sizes in most shops. 

* Santiago 11 was widely available this time around. On the other hand, coffee bags seemed to be in short supply. 

Did u see any Churchill in Tubes Anejado any where?