Cigar Lounge Style

While sitting and enjoying a cigar today, my mind wandering as it usually does, I thought about the two cigar lounges I frequent most often. It hit me that they are both in basements underground with no windows or natural light. But I've also smoked in lounges at ground level or higher with plenty of glass and exterior views, and wondered what member preference might be - if you had a choice or were building your own. I actually like both.

An offshoot might be interior style - wood and leather, glass and chrome, etc.

1. Proximity

2. Good ventilation 

3. Comfortable chair

But I’m spoiled, my local has EVERYTHING I would want!.....the above plus...

4. BYOB...Bring Your Own Booze

5. Reasonably late hours during the week...till 11pm

6. Entertainment Options...poker tables, eating area (can bring in food), working area, sports on many TVs, pool table, video games, private lockers for purchase, well stocked NC humidor, great owner, great staff and a baby grand piano!

4 minutes ago, MU Mike said:

Almost finished with my home lounge.  Started with the walk-in and built out from there.  The room is attached to the garage so I was limited to what I could do, only one window and the walls had to stay where they were.  A few more things to add furniture wise and then it'll be done.  I've already started using it though, the commercial air filtration (Honeywell F111) hangs on the ceiling and works just as advertised.  Very pleased with how it's turned out so far, but it's not perfect.  Would be fun to design a home lounge with no limitations!

full

Can I come over?

• Like 2

Impressed w/the elevated chair, love how you Texans roll!  :D

I'm destined to be a basement dweller, prefer to be enveloped in my smoke.  Too much filtration/air movement takes away all the ambiance!  My only addition to Mike's setup would be a shower before I came back above ground!

8 minutes ago, Sudzdaddy said:

Impressed w/the elevated chair, love how you Texans Missourians roll!  :D

I'm destined to be a basement dweller, prefer to be enveloped in my smoke.  Too much filtration/air movement takes away all the ambiance!  My only addition to Mike's setup would be a shower before I came back above ground!

Fixed the state for you.  And you'll notice that one of the things I haven't finished yet is a ladder to the loft. :lol:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MU Mike said:

Fixed the state for you.  And you'll notice that one of the things I haven't finished yet is a ladder to the loft. :lol:

Glad to see a fellow Missourian! If you don't mind, I will just throw a cot and sleeping bag up on the second level next to the chair :D.

That is a great setup. You should add more pics of the walk-in. It looks impressive!

The only time I smoke in a cigar lounge is when I'm traveling, and finding a decent lounge in whatever city I'm in is always a pleasant surprise.  That being the case, I'm not picky.  Just happy to have a lounge that allows smoking inside, out of the elements. 

I suppose my perfect cigar lounge would include low light, dark wood, wooden floors, a nice bar, comfortable, oversized leather chairs and couches, big screen TV's with multiple sports on each, and a ventilation system that works, but not so well that it stirs up the air too much.  I like my smoke to hang around my head so I can enjoy the aroma, before it is gently pulled into the ventilation system.  Pretty much describes my Man Cave, except for the multiple TV's; I only have one, but it's all I need.   

3 hours ago, MU Mike said:

Almost finished with my home lounge.  Started with the walk-in and built out from there.  The room is attached to the garage so I was limited to what I could do, only one window and the walls had to stay where they were.  A few more things to add furniture wise and then it'll be done.  I've already started using it though, the commercial air filtration (Honeywell F111) hangs on the ceiling and works just as advertised.  Very pleased with how it's turned out so far, but it's not perfect.  Would be fun to design a home lounge with no limitations!

full

That looks incredible! Well done sir!!

I am not fan of dark spaces in general and I am not into the basement thing.  There needs to be some element of light.  I don't mind the old style dark wood and club chairs.  I don't like too much ventilation, and the space has to allow for conversation.  

I do not have a place level preference as long as there are some windows, so I do not feel like I am in a cave. If the windows open, then the air is nice too. Even a bit in winter.

@MU Mike your place is beautiful! 

Those of us who have smoking lounges at home are so lucky. (We have one, my art studio).

CB

Comfy chairs, bit of music in the background, Windows even if they are tinted or partly shuttered. No TV's is my preference. Helpful staff is also a big bonus, especially when they are not too pushy with sales but helpful when you need it. LCdH in Warsaw is a cracking spot and works good for me.