Edmundo vs Petit Edmundo

I’ve been really enjoying getting into the world of Montes and realized recently that I haven’t tried any of the robusto’s.

So I’m curious what are the flavor differences between these two sizes?

The Edmundo is a bit more than a robusto in girth and length. I've enjoyed the ones I've smoked, chocolate and coffee in the main.

I can't remember the last time I've smoked a PE, I rarely smoke petite robustos. The below thread should be helpful:

• Like 1

Have both and smoke both. I’m probably in the minority thatvlike the Edmundo better. I think it’s much easier to find quality Petit Edmundo than quality Edmundo though. The pe tends to get slightly bitter on me where the Edmundo is a little more balanced for me. Both great cigars 

General consensus has always been the PE is the stronger of the two. The Edmundo seems to be a bit more refined and tamer. For that reason, I think more people prefer the PE as do I. I like my Montes with a kick and the Edmundo just is a bit too "suave" for me.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:07 PM, HoyoFan said:

Guess I’m going to need to find a sampler of both

Max @HoyoFan - the best thing is to get some of both and compare yourself. I've smoked a lot more PE (possibly only one Edmundo) which as you know I'm not a fan of the size and my 2014 box were initially not to my liking. But as usual time seemed to fix that and prob in 2016 they became really approachable. Down to my last one now.

There seems to be a lot more love for PE - certainly remember @westg liking these a whole load!

I’ve only had one Edmundo and thoroughly enjoyed it. On the other hand I have a box of 2015 PE’s, smoked through about half of them thus far, and really only enjoyed a couple of them. They have power, but they just seem very flat in term of the Monte DNA I’m used to. I need to try a few from another box to see if I’m missing anything because many folks rave about them.

I’m a little biased. My go to cigar is the Monte PE. Rarely disappoints. 2 years down and they rock.

Edmundos are more robust and not as smooth. I just picked up a box from 24:24 with 2 years on them already. I’ll let them sit for a few months and then crack into them.

For me the Edmundo is an after meal smoke where the PE is anytime anywhere.