RIP Jose O. Padron

I love all of the 1964, 1926, family reserve, 40th, 90th, and have yet to try one of my 80th. I also just picked up a 50th single that I'm excited to try as well. Padron are what started me into the rabbit hole. I'll have a 40th tonight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

By chance I happened in on a Padron event at a local B&M and met his son Jorge.  Up until then, I was only mildly interested in cigars.  I bought a handful of the 1964s and was hooked.  I just love the flavor, complexity and consistency of the blend.  The 1964 Natural Exclusivo is my go to, the Family Reserve Natural 45 is my all time favorite cigar and the 1926 for the end of a long day. 

PS, as a business owner, it is always great to have inspiration to look to, especially when things are a little down.  Padron's story is one great story to lift you up. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Danimalia said:

Jose Padron Dead at 91

Sad news. Sounds like it was a peaceful passing. Between Carlos Fuente Sr. and Jose Padron, the cigar world has lost a couple of giants, particularly in the non-Cuban world. Padron has been synonymous with reliability and quality since long before I started smoking cigars. The core line has long been a favorite of mine. Cigars that reflect Cuban sensibilities in many ways, but which showcased wonderful Nicaraguan tobacco. The Anniversary Series, both 1926 and 1964, have constantly been among the most well-regarded cigars in the world.

I'll fire up a 1926 tonight, but even if I didn't have one, I could light up a sub-$5 Padron Panatela, and know I was in for a quality smoke.

Any other Padron fans out there? Which are your favorites?

The entire line are brilliant, my first cigar EVER was a Padron 2000, even those today, are an amazing flavoured cigar so all round, always reliable and enjoyable. 

R.I.P and many thanks for the Cigars. 

• Like 4

Huge fan. Hard not to be. Here’s only part of my collection.

And all it took was a dream, determination, and a hammer.  The man inspires...

8904304E-651B-4F07-936F-7F8635CAFF4D.thumb.jpeg.198ec8198965c83ef6f49c9487ad5ae4.jpeg

• Like 3

Wow, the founder of Padron has passed. My condolences to his family and friends.  I'll be having a 50th Family Reserve in natural tonight in honor of you sir.  Padron was one of the the reasons why I started smoking cigars in the first place. The smell of their cigars in particular were always  reminiscent of my father's pipe tobacco To this day, while my palate has changed, I still like to light up one of his sticks from time to time. Thank you for all of your wonderful contributions to the cigar world. May you rest in peace.

IMG_0914.jpg

• Like 2

One of the first really good smokes I had was a Padron 2000 around 1998 when I first started smoking. They were so hard to find where I lived, so when i started going on tour with the bands I was working with in Seattle and LA, I would grab some wherever I could in cities that were more tobacco friendly. On every tour, there was someone that also enjoyed cigars, so, if there was some downtime  a tobacconist nearby, we would check it out.

• Like 2

RIP. Padron is one of the only NCs i always keep a box of. I like the 2000s maduro with a few years on them. Good change of pace if i want that earth/spice/caramel nic maduro thing.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Whoa, I'm so sorry to learn of his passing! A truly great man and the progenitor of a truly GREAT cigar! The Aficionado world has lost a mammoth treasure here. Rest In Peace.  Peace  :flower: :flower: :flower:

• Like 2

RIP Jose O. Padron.

It`s interesting that many in this thread have mentioned that Padron cigars are what got them hooked to this hobby in one way or another. 

My father bought me a box of Padron Delicias maduros and a desktop humidor years back as a birthday gift and that is where my love of cigars began. 

• Like 2

An incredible life and story. RIP Jose Padron and condolences to the family.

My first real cigar experience was a Padron 2000 natural - I'll never forget that first wonderful smoke and how it got all of this started! It's been about 8 years, and what a ride it's been. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JJlavine4 said:

RIP Jose O. Padron.

It`s interesting that many in this thread have mentioned that Padron cigars are what got them hooked to this hobby in one way or another. 

My father bought me a box of Padron Delicias maduros and a desktop humidor years back as a birthday gift and that is where my love of cigars began. 

Yes, it is interesting. Pardon wasn’t the first cigar that got me hooked, but it was an early part of my enjoyment of cigars. My second full box that I bought was a box of Londres, which are the same size as Cuban Coronas. They were only like $80 a box back then, and they reminded me in taste and appearance of a Monte 4 I’d had on vacation. 

• Like 3

He had ups and downs and was a perfect example of the "American Dream". Started with nothing and through hard work built a family empire in the cigar world. The 1964 Superior long and skinny is my favorite Padron stick. 

• Like 2

Yeah, sad news indeed. I love the 1964 and the 90th. I'm always keeping an eye out for the 50th but can't find any locally. I'll light up a Damaso this weekend for sure. This darn Cold kept me from lighting one for him yesterday. 

One of the last living OG's in the cigar business and Im betting they come out with another blend to celebrate his life.

• Like 1