Newbie Box PASS 2017/2018

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright, puts and takes.... takes: La Fuerza TOS DIC 15 Upmann PC PET DIC 16 Upmann No 2 LUB OCT 14 RASCC AME JUL 13 puts: Boli CE (50 cab) POS

Santiago and I having a smoke and handing off the box. I’m the handsome one in case you’re wondering. Will have puts/takes later today. 

Alright gentlemen I have received the box at the house where my humidor is currently located.  I am in the middle of relocating and it is a flaming pain in the ass.  No chore on God's green earth is m

3 minutes ago, shaffer22 said:

I’m curious what you’re numbers mean.

I created a numbered list for my reformatted inventory. Crossed off items from the original inventory, then wrote the corresponding number from the reformatted list, after crossing them off the new list. Thus I confirmed that there were no unaccountedfor, mistranscribed, or duplicate items on my reformatted list. All items are crossdd out on both lists, and everything on the old list corresponds to a numbered item on the new list. 

Inventory isn’t exactly fun, but it feels sooo good when everything is nice and orderly. 

@shaffer22 I spoke with Colin and he did inventory for multiple retails places for a living.  Seeing all my messy info in no particular order he asked if it was ok to reformat things so it has a much neater/ better appearance.  So simce he was willing to invest the time and do it.  I am very grateful he said it took an hour and a half that's a lot of time.  So @cfc1016 thank you very much it looks awesome the updated contents are on the previous page.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thinking about organizing another one of these newbie/vet mixed passes to start in the summer. Would anyone (talking to you, lurkers...) be interested in that?

Last pass I organized was ~15 years ago on the old ca forums. Participating in this has reminded how much fun it is and got me wanting to run another one. 

• Like 1

Thinking about organizing another one of these newbie/vet mixed passes to start in the summer. Would anyone (talking to you, lurkers...) be interested in that?

Last pass I organized was ~15 years ago on the old ca forums. Participating in this has reminded how much fun it is and got me wanting to run another one. 
I can't wait until this box gets to me at the end before heading back to@wertman! I would love to be apart of yours if you need another brother.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Maybee86 said:

@cfc1016 I would be interested, I too passed on this one in fear of not being able to keep up with the “puts” I’m slowly filling my wineador and should be in better shape by early summer

Yeah I figured getting everyone on board now, for a summer start, would give folks time to beef up their humis a little bit. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cfc1016 said:

Count me as interested! 

15 minutes ago, shaffer22 said:

Count me as interested! 

I think I’d like to do 2:1 noob:vet. 20 newbies, 10 vets. Hold vets to strict minimum 1:1 value ratio, and grace noobs with ~0.75:1 ratio (put 4/take 5). With as generous as the vets are, I don’t think for a minute that that would keep the box from being able to grow. Thoughts?

On 3/1/2018 at 2:01 PM, cfc1016 said:

I’ll make a post soliciting entries once i get the rules/protocols sorted out. 

I'd hope in a new thread at this point, eh?

Has the potential to cause great confusion if it remains in this one.

Cheers!

9 hours ago, Habana Mike said:

I'd hope in a new thread at this point, eh?

Has the potential to cause great confusion if it remains in this one.

Cheers!

Oh yeah it would definitely be a new thread. I’ve drafted an exhaustive rules list/announcement for it. I’m just waiting for feedback from a few senior members before posting it. 

Shipped out Fed X You should see it Monday according to tracking info. No signature required so u don’t have to chase down the Fed x truck. I shipped packages to a friend in Reston and he typically got them in the morning

Takes 

Cohiba 3. 5. Prym

punch rs11

Johny O

Part D4

PUTS

Fonseca 1 psp/hq 17

RJ Capelitto LE Psp/hq 16

cohiba medio siglo psp/hq17

coro 17

cohiba corona esp LAU 16

monte Dante psp pie doc 16

RASS pet may 16

monte 5 psp POV 12

RA Gigantes 17

vegas Robinas Don A 15

partagas Maduro 1 psp/hq 17

i tried to pick a cross section of my best stuff in an assortment of sizes  hopefully something for everybody

Enjoy!

• Like 3

Moving along nicely. Looks like I'll be seeing it in the next few days!

• Like 1

@Winchester21 thanks for the update! Sorry to hear about the snafu with the box condition. Thanks for going above and beyond to get it all sorted out. 

I’ll be reboxing the contents in the double insulated cooler box when i ship it out. That should accommodate all contents for the remainder lf this round, as well as the next round of the pass. 

I’ll provide updates once I receive the box. 

• Like 1

The box pass still be arriving to @cfc1016 tomorrow.  Which is awesome thanks to @Winchester21 aka (Gold AP).   Then off and down to Georgia and then only 6 more people to go until it arrives back home in Arizona.  I will be out of the loop at the end of month darn kids blew the cigar budget with a disney world trip.  Was suppose to be a short and sweet San Diego/ Vegas trip.  Thousands later here we are.  I never have any say.  Oh well.  Can't wait to see again how this thing evolves it's amazing.  

• Like 1