Newbie Box PASS 2017/2018

I cannot wait until this gets to my place! I have been thinking greatly about my puts and I think that I've gotten some really nice ones for you all! Looking so forward, like a fat kid loves cake!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright, puts and takes.... takes: La Fuerza TOS DIC 15 Upmann PC PET DIC 16 Upmann No 2 LUB OCT 14 RASCC AME JUL 13 puts: Boli CE (50 cab) POS

Santiago and I having a smoke and handing off the box. I’m the handsome one in case you’re wondering. Will have puts/takes later today. 

Alright gentlemen I have received the box at the house where my humidor is currently located.  I am in the middle of relocating and it is a flaming pain in the ass.  No chore on God's green earth is m

Double thermal insulation. Time to get professional with this bugger. No more cracked feet ?

second pic is a p***express bubblebag, for scale. Should comfortably fit up to 200 cigars, in finger bags, thoroughly bubblewrapped, as the box comtinues to grow. Will definitely pamper the ~100 that will be in it when it leaves my possession. I’ll be sending this baby out in style. 

52B634A8-BE1C-4B0E-A090-74F8C7D7A334.jpeg

C54312EE-68B0-440E-9E81-5E6A87762B76.jpeg

• Like 2

Box is safely in my possession. Lots of options, but I should be able to get it figured out soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

My trades have been approved. When I get off work I'll post pictures. For a newbie pass, there are a lot of high quality sticks in this pass. I don't think I have 10 sticks I could have traded to equal the Gran reserva lol.

• Like 1

I hereby propose a declaration for the debate lf the community:

For all his toil and effort (I have organized a few box passes myself) I think @wertman should receive a special reward. I offer for the debate of the community, the notion that that 2007 gran reserva lusitania should be set aside as a special thank you gift for him. 

I know this ain’t no democracy, but what do you guys/gals think? Whaddya say we show the man some love and appreciation?!? Besides... are any of you gonna be putting in anything that even REMOTELY compares to that stick? I know I’M not - and I’ve got a WHOPPER of a puts list lined up...

• Like 3

I hereby propose a declaration for the debate lf the community:

For all his toil and effort (I have organized a few box passes myself) I think @werman should receive a special reward. I offer for the debate of the community, the notion that that 2007 gran reserva lusitania should be set aside as a special thank you gift for him. 

I know this ain’t no democracy, but what do you guys/gals think? Whaddya say we show the man some love and appreciation?!? Besides... are any of you gonna be putting in anything that even REMOTELY compares to that stick? I know I’M not - and I’ve got a WHOPPER of a puts list lined up...

Or maybe a competition/random draw? Give everyone an equal shot at what I would call a once in a lifetime stick. Or send it to wertman, either way. I could pull it and send it to him directly so it doesn't risk any damage going through the pass. It already has some slight crumbling at the foot.

My trades have been approved. When I get off work I'll post pictures. For a newbie pass, there are a lot of high quality sticks in this pass. I don't think I have 10 sticks I could have traded to equal the Gran reserva lol.

I actually had a Lusi GR exactly like that but gifted it to a dear friend of mine about a year ago. I'm sure gonna try and get this one! Hint, Hint guys, lol

I actually had a Lusi GR exactly like that but gifted it to a dear friend of mine about a year ago. I'm sure gonna try and get this one! Hint, Hint guys, lol

Sorry, just saw the post about letting@Wertman have the GR. I'm cool with whatever

I'm curious as to what other sticks come close to that? Wertman told me it's a $350-400 stick. I guess some very old, maybe pre emabargo stuff?

A box of Lusitania GR boxes are retailing for 3000-3750 euros so that's 3600- 4600 dollars for 15 cigars.  This cigar comes from the habanos festival so a full year before the origional release giving it even more special of a value.  I would almost wager that it would be almost impossible to purchase except for those who attended the gala and did not smoke there  cigars. 

A box of Lusitania GR boxes are retailing for 3000-3750 euros so that's 3600- 4600 dollars for 15 cigars.  This cigar comes from the habanos festival so a full year before the origional release giving it even more special of a value.  I would almost wager that it would be almost impossible to purchase except for those who attended the gala and did not smoke there  cigars. 
So hear is the $10,000 question...is it worth The price? I would rather have 10 $35 sticks versus one $350 stick. But that's just me

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So hear is the $10,000 question...is it worth The price? I would rather have 10 $35 sticks versus one $350 stick. But that's just me

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

I totally agree@leemack912. The only reason I'd like to have this stick is because I gifted the only one I've ever owned. That's what being a brother is all about and I know you'd agree. I've attached a picture of the tray it was in before gifting. ab268f5fb75e4e95fa1f2872f2b75cdf.jpg

15 minutes ago, JLFIRST said:

I totally agree@leemack912. The only reason I'd like to have this stick is because I gifted the only one I've ever owned. That's what being a brother is all about and I know you'd agree. I've attached a picture of the tray it was in before gifting. ab268f5fb75e4e95fa1f2872f2b75cdf.jpg

Shmowzow. Maybe we should let him have it, boys...

???

[mention=29850]JLFIRST[/mention] you have some great cigars there my friend and I'm excited to see when the pass gets to you.
Thank you my friend. I lost a lot in the fire but I've still got some really nice goodies for the box, no worries there!

13 minutes ago, JLFIRST said:

Thank you my friend. I lost a lot in the fire but I've still got some really nice goodies for the box, no worries there!

Lol. You may indeed have something worth trading for that GR ?

• Like 2

Ok my trades have been approved. This was a doozy going through and getting everything sorted out, but I'm finally done. I'll be handing off the box in person Saturday morning to Winchester.

Takes:
Sir Winston 2009
Cohiba lancero amo sep 16
Partagas lusitania 2014
Johnny o talisman 2017
Quai dorsay Corona
Johnny o lancero 2017
Monte 80th 2017
Siglo 6 2015
Sancho panza non plus

Puts:
Partagas series p #2 POS Jun 06
Cohiba piramid extra bre Jun 17
Ryj capuletos EL 2016 (6 pack from 2424)
Montecristo Dante's EL 2016 som dic 16
Partagas 898 reg ago 17
Cohiba siglo V unknown 5 pack
Cohiba siglo III unknown 5 pack
Johnny o cananzo 2017
Johnny o baby Salomon 2014
Ramon allones gigantes unknown (6 pack from 2424)

Added to the box:
Bolivar Petit Corona etp Feb 17
H upman Petit Corona Ute dic 16
Upman Royal robusto 2015

NC takes:
Davidoff 2007
1502 XO
Opus x A

NC puts:
Opus x xxx
Opus x love affair
Opus x reserva de chateau
Liga privada t52 belicoso
Fuente anejo 46
Oliveros LTD, 2006

Everything I added has been smoking great for me. The Johnny o baby Salomon is like a Snickers bar! Thanks guys.

f996205e6fa6f813b42c4b0cf8fcd2a4.jpg10b180a4a639b070e7e29d401265812c.jpg00c3552a5f48f2dbd91d3e9e0a1401e3.jpgadb215f49e099334b0294559cad1022f.jpgdfc543cd73d8f38a28f6ef71da596f14.jpg