LCDH Cancun stock

I've got a friend in cancun that is going to buy some cigars for me while down there. I was wondering if there was a website that would allow me to see their current inventory? I'd love to give him a list to buy for me. Thanks in advance.

Palmer 

I don't believe such a website exists. I'm sure there's an online vendor somewhere that can deliver better quality cigars to your door for much less money.

Discussions regarding buying cigars in Mexico:

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

No website I know of for that location. Cigar prices in mexico are similar to canada. Lots of tobacco taxes make it a tough buy for me. They had a great selection when I was there in November including many 5 year and older LEs for $80 - $100 a stick. I bought a margarita and enjoyed it on their back patio with a stick I had just gotten from the island. As stated above, your money will go alot further at a good online vendor. 

I'm still fairly new with CC but I've bought a few different samplers and have and idea of the flavor and body profile I like. I just can't wait for a box of HDM epi 2s to show up on a 24 24 again. ^_^

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Have your buddy call you when he's in the store.  Could be a few rare things that only people like us are chasing...

Totally this, and almost nothing else.  I was in Playa Del Carmen a few months back, and went cigar hunting in Playa, Cancun, and the Cancun airport.  I did not make a box purchase.  To give you some idea of the prices they'll be asking, think about what you'd usually pay for a 50 cab, then add 25% to that amount, and then consider that the price for a regular 25 count box.  I know, it's hyperbole, but just barely.  If you want to hear some actual price quotes, PM me and I'll send you some. 

Personally, I have never been attracted to chasing the "rare" things, but to each his own.  Maybe in 5 years, and a few raises down the line I'll change my tune.  I did see some cool stuff, but nothing that I would have wanted to pay through the nose for. 

I did, however, purchase a Monte #4 from the LCDH in Playa and enjoyed it with a Havana Club 7 year rum as the lady and I watched the world go by.  Not cheap, but you gotta support the locals, and there's nothing more classless than browsing a cigar shop, then buying a drink and pulling one of your own sticks out of your jacket pocket to enjoy. 

I enjoy the Cancun LCDH but the one thing I don't get is that they had stickers over the box dates for boxes in their Aged section.  Not that I don't trust that they were aged somewhat, but I'd like to at least know the year.  Are stickers covering the box date and factory code normal when selling aged stock retail?

The LCDH in Cozumel has TONS of counterfeit cigars especially Cohiba. Every Cohiba I saw, when I went in January, was fake. They take Mexican cigars, rolled buy the guy name Jimmy who you will most likely find working there, and put genuine bands on them. Plus as mentioned prices are high. LCDH in Cozumel is a joke. According to the guy Jimmy who works there, the guy who owns the LCDH in Cozumel is the same guy who owns the one in Cancun whos name I cant remember off hand. Just be aware what may be lurking in the humidor in Cancun

1 hour ago, BrandonW said:

The LCDH in Cozumel has TONS of counterfeit cigars especially Cohiba. Every Cohiba I saw, when I went in January, was fake. They take Mexican cigars, rolled buy the guy name Jimmy who you will most likely find working there, and put genuine bands on them. Plus as mentioned prices are high. LCDH in Cozumel is a joke. According to the guy Jimmy who works there, the guy who owns the LCDH in Cozumel is the same guy who owns the one in Cancun whos name I cant remember off hand. Just be aware what may be lurking in the humidor in Cancun

It would be an incredibly bold move for an owner of a LCDH franchise to sell fakes.  Especially the owner of the first LCDH (Cancun).  Seen and smoked many fine examples at the Cancun location, despite the high taxes.  What did you see with the Cohibas at the LCDH in Cozumel that suggested that they were fakes?  Unless it is obvious (ex. in glass top box), it can be very hard to distinguish.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Frozen North said:

I wouldn't trust that anything purchased in Mexico is authentic. Just my $0.02

Vety bad 2 cents... you just need to know the source and who sells them. Max Gutmann is one of the best cigar guys out there, and he only sells the real stuff. Also Rushman, had an store in playa with no fakes...

On 2/20/2017 at 8:32 PM, PHL425 said:

I've got a friend in cancun that is going to buy some cigars for me while down there. I was wondering if there was a website that would allow me to see their current inventory? I'd love to give him a list to buy for me. Thanks in advance.

Palmer 

They have a very nice selection, but Really expensive. each year I tend to buy 5 or 6 cigars to try rare, new stuff. It's more a "go over there, get a drink and a cigar place" than a buy boxes, but to each it's own.

I don't think there is an LCDH anywhere in the world that has or is selling fakes knowingly.  These are franchises that are sync'd with their regional Habanos distributor to provide profitable, repeatable business.  It does no one any favors selling fake cigars or diminishing the brand.  LCDH is an up town franchise and brand.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

I don't think there is an LCDH anywhere in the world that has or is selling fakes knowingly.  These are franchises that are sync'd with their regional Habanos distributor to provide profitable, repeatable business.  It does no one any favors selling fake cigars or diminishing the brand.  LCDH is an up town franchise and brand.  

Corruption in Latin America?  Absurd.  Sorry, my natural cynicism kicked in for a moment.

Probably a lot of upstanding habanos ambassadors out there but when you primarily sell singles to ignorant non-smoking tourists looking for a vacation experience and tons of empty boxes lying around, temptation may get the better of some...

On 2/20/2017 at 8:32 PM, PHL425 said:

Palmer 

I know it doesn't help in your situation but I went to Greece for my buddies wedding and the LCDH in Athens listed their current inventory and pricing online. I suppose it's up to each owner to do it or not. I know there are a few LCDH that sell internationally even to countries with certain restrictions... Absurd prices though. I would only buy singles while there to try something new. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, oliverdst said:

Edmundo Dantes or it's not worth.

I'll ask him to check for some. Any more suggestions of what to look out for? I'm mainly just looking for some singles that I haven't tried yet. 

3 minutes ago, PHL425 said:

I'll ask him to check for some. Any more suggestions of what to look out for? I'm mainly just looking for some singles that I haven't tried yet. 

Absolutely nothing else...prices are laughable. Monte 4s are $18-$20 a stick.

9 hours ago, rxavier1979 said:

Corruption in Latin America?  Absurd.  Sorry, my natural cynicism kicked in for a moment.

Probably a lot of upstanding habanos ambassadors out there but when you primarily sell singles to ignorant non-smoking tourists looking for a vacation experience and tons of empty boxes lying around, temptation may get the better of some...

There are a ton on non LCDH's to handle that business.  I would not be surprised if LCDH owners aren't contractually obligated to only selling Habanos through official channels.  Is it worth risking the franchise?  My parents lived part time in Mexico for 20 years.  There was only 1 authentic Habanos seller on an island of 40+ cigar vendors.  Was an uptown looking place, but not a LCDH.

A store would have a tough time selling Dupont's, Dunhill, etc...  if the cigars aren't to snuff.  Would vendor of that class really like to sit on that kind of inventory and have tarnished reputation? 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

There are a ton on non LCDH's to handle that business.  I would not be surprised if LCDH owners aren't contractually obligated to only selling Habanos through official channels.  Is it worth risking the franchise?  My parents lived part time in Mexico for 20 years.  There was only 1 authentic Habanos seller on an island of 40+ cigar vendors.  Was an uptown looking place, but not a LCDH.

A store would have a tough time selling Dupont's, Dunhill, etc...  if the cigars aren't to snuff.  Would vendor of that class really like to sit on that kind of inventory and have tarnished reputation? 

Good solid point. I know I wouldn't unless backed into a corner. I'd like to think that I still wouldn't... 

21 hours ago, bman75 said:

It would be an incredibly bold move for an owner of a LCDH franchise to sell fakes.  Especially the owner of the first LCDH (Cancun).  Seen and smoked many fine examples at the Cancun location, despite the high taxes.  What did you see with the Cohibas at the LCDH in Cozumel that suggested that they were fakes?  Unless it is obvious (ex. in glass top box), it can be very hard to distinguish.  

Unusually dark wrappers that looked exactly like the "free custom rolled cigars" that he gave me, horrible leaves with caps that were doubled not tripled and the bands were loose. All cohiba boxes were laying down. When you picked up a cigar and stood it straight up, the band would slide to the foot. Everyone I picked up did this. He thought I didnt know cigars and told me they loosen up with age. There was a mixture of fake and real bands. The fake ones obviously not having the holograms. He had a box of 1966's with 7 cigars in it. All 7 cigars did not have the same length, loose bands and fake bands on 3 of them. 

They do have REAL cubans in there in the other brands, but the Cohibas are a tourist trap. 

• Like 1