Sydney FOH Get Together

Hey guys,

Been a while since we posted a get together. This was posted in the CUNTAS forum, but as there have been a few new Sydney members (who don't have access to the sub-forum yet), thought I would post this in the main forum as well.

Where: Bald Rock Hotel - 15 Mansfield St, Balmain

When: Wednesday 22nd Feb @ 7pm

Cost: Whatever you want to spend

I'll be getting there around 6:30-7pm. If you're free, pop on over for a smoke, some drinks and laughs.

Fuzz

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to it. I'll be there around 7.30 pm. It's a new place we've not been to before for a cigar get together, so let's see how it goes. Parking is a little tight in that area of Balmain (may need to spend a little time to get parking but you will) , yet thankfully there are no parking meters.

Thanks for posting this here Chris. Whilst I have access to the Aussie forum I rarely look at it and find that I've missed out on the get togethers. (yes i understand that I should be looking more often lol)

The evenings are my working hours but I'll do my best to make it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fuzz said:

1. Turn up

2. Have a good time

3. Don't be a tosser

Pretty simple. :D

Probably why I don't get invited anymore :ph34r::D....... Damn Balmain in near my hood! In Launceston that night unfortunately :thumbsdwn:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fuzz said:

1. Turn up

2. Have a good time

3. Don't be a tosser

Pretty simple. :D

Hmmm ... does point 3 mean I should try not to whinge about the weather and the inability to obtain properly warm beer, and neither to debate the superiority of Marmite nor to start humming "swing low sweet chariot" at any time?  This could be tricky ... one does have to live down to a stereotype, you know!  

:D

21 hours ago, Rustyman said:

Really miffed as I have been asking about the availability of Sydney catchup's and now cannot make it.

We usually catchup on midweek on a Tuesday or Wednesday night every few months. We've alternated between Green Peppercorn in the CBD and the Rocks Brewery at Alexandria, but we wanted to give the Bald Rock Hotel a go as they have a large allocated smoking area. 

I regret we can't catch up with you this time. PM myself or Fuzz when you're free and we'll make every effort to accommodate you. 

13 hours ago, Duxnutz said:

Probably why I don't get invited anymore :ph34r::D....... Damn Balmain in near my hood! In Launceston that night unfortunately :thumbsdwn:

Aah...the joys of being a pilot! Look on the bright side mate, you don't have any issues with point 3!

4 hours ago, Auspaul said:

Do they have a smoking area indoors or is it only outdoors that its allowed

With Australian smoking laws currently, only outdoors. It better not rain!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JohnS said:

We usually catchup on midweek on a Tuesday or Wednesday night every few months. We've alternated between Gree Peppercorn in the CBD and the Rocks Brewery at Alexandria, but we wanted to give the Bald Rock Hotel a go as they have a large allocated smoking area. 

I regret we can't catch up with you this time. PM myself or Fuzz when you're free and we'll make every effort to accommodate you. 

Aah...the joys of being a pilot! Look on the bright side mate, you don't have any issues with point 3!

With Australian smoking laws currently, only outdoors. It better not rain!

Thanks.  Will drop you or Fuzz a note.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

We have a great new place to hang out, Rob. Staff are cigar friendly, which is a major plus!

It was nice, that cordoned off section of the hotel. When Alex (Groom) and I arrived, I instinctively went to the larger smoking section of the hotel, but he could make out the cigar smoke in the air and spotted you Fuzz.

Today, I kept telling my wife how nice it was. She was happy that her brother (i.e. my brother-in-law), @Cuzz could make it to the get together. I gifted him a Vegas Robaina Don Alejandro for the night, I figured "why not", sadly they won't be around much longer. He loved it. 

Thanks @soutso for the Montecristo No. 5 kept perfectly at 60 rh. Ray   @PigFish would be proud. 

And it was great to make your acquaintance @gweilgi. Thanks for the edifying discussion on world Rugby (Union) and putting up with my lament over Australian Rugby at the present time.

We look forward to the next get together.

• Like 2

Odd that you say there is a larger smoking section, John. If you mean the area out front where we exited, I assumed it was a no smoking area, as they were serving meals there earlier in the night.