How do you store cigars wrapped in cedar sheet

Quick question on how should one store boxes of cigars which comes with cigars wrapped in cedar sheets, specifically, RyJ Coronitas En Cedro or the RyJ Cedors de Luxe?

should the cedar be removed, to prevent the overwhelming effect?

thanks

Cigars are generally designed to be stored in their original packaging. In the case of cigars packaged in cedar, the theory is that the cedar is supposed to enhance the flavor during aging. Who knows if this is true or to what extent, but obviously someone a long time ago had a reason for doing so. Not to mention there's some cedar in just about every box of Cuban cigars anyway.

The bottom line is that I've never seen any reason to remove cedar or store in anything other than original packaging. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, subport said:

I second that. I am storing everything as they come in. 

Same here. Haven't had any issues with flavor either.

4 hours ago, MC4 said:

should the cedar be removed, to prevent the overwhelming effect?

The overwhelming effect of cedar?  Habanos are put to rest for months in cedar compartment of the escarpate… Most humidors are lined with cedar; box dividers are made of cedar, etc.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Smallclub said:

The overwhelming effect of cedar?  Habanos are put to rest for months in cedar compartment of the escarpate… Most humidors are lined with cedar; box dividers are made of cedar, etc.

Yes, but not every cigar is wrapped in cedar sheet, and therefore my question.

Most tubos also have cedar sheets wrapping the cigar within the tube itself. "Sealing" the cedar wrapped cigar in a tube would only intensify that woody flavor, but Ive never had a tubed cigar that tasted overwhelmingly of cedar. If you looked at the numner of cigars that are available in tubes, the number that are "cedar wrapped" is actually much larger. Most people (myself included) dont remove the cigars or even caps for storage.