The big day finally arrives....Off to Springsteen

Enjoy Rob and Di. Would not call myself a fan, missus on the other hand worships the chap. I have seen him 3 times or so and must say it is an incredible show...Curious to hear the full report!!!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, magste said:

Enjoy Rob. Let's see if you get the rock'n roll enlightenment the same way Steve (Oz) did 3 years ago emoji2.png

Magnus is right I have seen the light the road to the promised land :D seriously go there with an open mind and you will be rewarded ,sorry but i cannot explain it any better than that,

there is a love and energy in the room 

cheers Steve

I'm not a big Springsteen fan, but I have a lot of respect for him. His live shows are supposed to be amazing. Long, long sets full of incredible energy. I think it's awesome that he can deliver so much, night after night, show after show. 

Hope you guys have a great time.

enjoy the show guys haven't seen springsteen since the born in the usa tour my goodness has it been that long jeez, I bet ken will be wearing a denim jacket from the 1980s but of course the sleeves will be cut off so more like a vest now LOL :D

16 hours ago, El Presidente said:

I have seen ken dance. Normally, a man with that much out of control motion would be tasered, quickly medicated and taken away in a van.  I fear there will be no chance of that happening. 

Is Ken's dancing kinda like this bloke? ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WarriorPrincess said:

Sooo looking forward to it can't wait

Have a great time Di.

I'm pretty sure RA and KG are using you as cover so that they can go to the concert together. On valentines day.

"even if they're just dancing in the dark"

:wink2:

• Like 2

You will have a ball Di Lucinda was not what you would call a fan but she lovers it ❤️

Guest gorob23

Rob I have afreind that goes to every concert he can when the Boss plays L.A. ... Me?  I'd rather pit on a dic and fire up a cigar with glass of rum and stay home.

Enjoy 

Rob 

The song that is running in my head after thinking of Rob and Ken going to a Bruuuuuuce concert is Drive all Night. For some reason I see in my head Ken singing "I'd drive all night again, just to buy you some shoes." to Rob. And the visual of Rob wearing high heels is a visual....well you just can't pull that back. 

If you want to see what made Bruce fans what they are.... you tube Bruce Springsteen Passaic. It was a concert in 1978 that will live forever. You can view all 4 hours of it. I am unlike Ken and others. I don't like Bruce's concerts today. I don't care for his pushing politics and his newer songs lack the soul of earlier songs.(IMO) He was always political but his songs of the past were deep. I fell in love with his live performances in the late 70's even though at the time I was too young to appreciate. Here is the best from that '78 Passaic classic. Prove it all night. Do yourself a favor. watch the entire concert. Another great youtube concert is Hammersmith Odeon. Wonderful

It has been at least 20 years ago since I saw Bruce in Lexington, Kentucky. I wasn't really a Bruce fan, but I didn't really dislike him either. After the show, I definitely had more respect for the guy. When he is done, he is done. He leaves it all on the stage. To say it is a high energy show is an understatement. Have fun!

• Like 1

I saw him play a small, secret show a few years ago. It definitely wasn't the type of show for the casual fan. It was much more low key, and he reached deep into the archives for his set list. 

He also started the show 45 minutes late. When he came on stage, he apologized and said he took too many anti-anxiety pills. 

I've been meaning to give him another shot, at a larger venue, but haven't done so yet. 

99% of folks have a great time, and I imagine your first show will be equally awesome. 

-Brody

Hello 2 skinny;; June 4 1974 3 other bands and Springteen for 2 dollars Did not sell out;;; About a month later opening for Wishbone Ash;; He never opened for anyone after that!!!I guess about 4 more times in 10 yrs.. Now I'd rather listen to old Grateful Dead shows as is my norm.. I can tell the future just look what's in your hand[Usually a cigar]

• Like 1