Best petite corona to smoke fresh?

In your opinion which petit corona is good to smoke ROTT. My aged petite corona stock has withered away and it is my go to size for a lunch time cigar.

Need to stock up on something that smokes well straight away so my lunch time ritual may continue. In hindsight I should have seen this coming but you know what they say about it being 20:20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not usually smoking them fresh, as you lose a fair bit of the potential enjoyment if you ask me. But for me, the best to be smoked fresh is the Rafael Gonzales PC. Second best fresh, but which is a Minutos, would be the Boli Coronas Junior (but at the same time coming with great aging potential). On the other hand the Marevas in need of longest down time for me are the Boli PC and the Juan Lopez PC. And quite a few of great PCs are not any longer with us, like the H. Upmann, which also makes for an enjoyable smoke already when fresh.

• Like 3

A different approach to your dilemma would be to just buy some aged PC's.  Smoke them while your fresh stock is gaining some time.

-Dan

5 hours ago, dominattorney said:

Some may say this is a sacrilege, but I love the Monte #4 fresh.  Of course, I have an 09 box that is knocking it out of the park right now, but fresh is a different beast, and one that certainly has its place. 

Adding to the sacrilege... I like H. Upmann Petit Coronas fresh. :o  Yes, they get "mo' better" with age, but the flavors are big and bold when young.   

• Like 1

Uh, none of them?

Honestly, PC seem to me to be THE vitola that needs the most down time.

If I HAD  to smoke a PC fresh, I'd aim for RyJ MF, though you might still want something a year or 2 old at the least.

• Like 1

If I had to pick one, I would go with PLPC also.

• Like 2

Granted, not a petite corona, but I've been working my way through a wonderful box of Hoyo petite robustos. Leathery, cedar, toasted tobacco with a sprinkle of pepper and vanilla. Not an overly complex cigar - but a thoroughly enjoyable short, fresh smoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1