Is different cigars touching an issue?

May be a dumb question , but is it a problem? I'm running low on room , and these are all out of the box in a desktop. After a recent purchase, some will be touching others as I'm out of dividers. I was worried about it effecting the taste? Or am I worrying about nothing 

• Like 1

Good question! Keen to hear what others think. I can only think it will be an issue if the oils from the cigar wrappers transfer across. That may affect the taste or aroma. 

• Like 1

I personally don't have any concerns with different cigars being in contact with each other. While there may be some transfer of oils/aromas I would imagine that the rate that this happens is minimal. Unless you are storing them like this long term (as in years untouched) then I would not worry.

• Like 4

Put it this way, if it was an issue then that means that you could place a premium flavourful cigar next to a cheap less flavourful one and the lesser cigar would 'improve'

CCs touching CCs are fine. However the advice of to store CCs and NCs separately. Apparently the NC can offload some aroma etc 

• Like 1

Hello Fellow FOHers,

It is nonetheless, an interesting question.  If we consider CCs stored in SLB to be better than those in the dress boxes, because of the tobacco on tobacco contact, it does raise the question of impact of different marcas resting together.  For example, as cigars are used, I will consolidate cigars of the same vitola into a single SLB cab.  I am thinking for my tarmac taste buds, I wouldn't notice, but maybe for some it may?

Thank you and best wishes,
Curtiss

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, nonameno said:

Hello Fellow FOHers,

It is nonetheless, an interesting question.  If we consider CCs stored in SLB to be better than those in the dress boxes, because of the tobacco on tobacco contact, it does raise the question of impact of different marcas resting together.  For example, as cigars are used, I will consolidate cigars of the same vitola into a single SLB cab.  I am thinking for my tarmac taste buds, I wouldn't notice, but maybe for some it may?

Thank you and best wishes,
Curtiss

I would tend to agree with zero basis for my agreement. 

You can ask this question to every "expert" on the entire planet... no one will be able to provide an objective answer backed by supporting evidence. Best to do whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy.

• Like 1

for me I have a mini cooler just for singles that have been together for over 10 years (constantly rotating stock) and never once had any issues

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SaintMickey® said:

I believe we can all agree on one thing...we do not want warm and fuzzy cigars. :rotfl::jester:  Nothing like being quoted completely out of context! LOL

I think the context was lost about the Brandon started posting... He started it off, it is his fault... -tP

• Like 1