The Ark has landed

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I posted picks of the humidor I've been building in my workshop before and someone called it the Ark because of it's size (about 36 cubic feet). My wife loved the name so it's stuck. I've been working

Now go forth and fill thine ark, gathering every kind of marca and vitola known to mankind, two by two, both wild and tame, to keep their progeny from being wiped off the face of the earth.

Looking good. Very nice work on the book matching.

I was going to say have fun filling that bad boy up but it looks like you have already taken care of business!

Hope you built it where you want it placed, looks like a beast to move. :D

Beautiful workmanship.  I wish I could do woodwork like that.

WOW............gorgeous!  What part of the house is that big boy hanging out in?  

That's an awful large quantity of spanish cedar you've incorporated...did you happen to discuss that feature with Bob S? 

We talked about how he primarily uses solid spanish cedar in his Aristocrats only for the shelves and drawers - his interior walls are all done in a veneer material that doesn't impart much aroma.  He also told me that too much spanish cedar could potentially be overkill - and actually have a detrimental effect on the flavor of the cigars.

Something to watch out for and consider as you get more comfortable with the cabinet.

2 hours ago, BarryNY said:

WOW............gorgeous!  What part of the house is that big boy hanging out in?  

That's an awful large quantity of spanish cedar you've incorporated...did you happen to discuss that feature with Bob S? 

We talked about how he primarily uses solid spanish cedar in his Aristocrats only for the shelves and drawers - his interior walls are all done in a veneer material that doesn't impart much aroma.  He also told me that too much spanish cedar could potentially be overkill - and actually have a detrimental effect on the flavor of the cigars.

Something to watch out for and consider as you get more comfortable with the cabinet.

Didn't discuss with him but I have another, smaller built in humidor I did that I lined this way.  Had it for five or six years and love the impact of the cedar.  Both in the aroma it imparts as well as the stability it adds to the humidity levels in the cabinet.  If it gets to be too much, none of the cedar is fastened in, in any way, so it would be easy to reduce the the levels if necessary.  It's something I'll keep an eye on but I've always loved the aroma of Spanish Cedar and what it seems to impart to my cigars.  

Right now it has to live in the basement   When my 22 year old son moves out this year, his room becomes the start of the new man cave. The Ark will be the first resident of the cave along with the biggest big screen TV I can put in there . 

• Like 1