How many of you are stocking up on H. Upmann Petit Coronas?

I LOVE this cigar. In fact, it is among my all time favorites. Love the trademark shortbread and coffee flavor notes. What a fantastic blend. The best Mareva out there IMO. HSA, you made a bigtime error axing this beauty! I need to buy 'em up while the gettin' is good. Rant over!

What....!? Hadn't heard this. Is the Regalia going too? Gonna have to stock up as well....

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Knilas said:

What....!? Hadn't heard this. Is the Regalia going too? Gonna have to stock up as well....

No. Regalias are safe. Only HUPC

No. Regalias are safe. Only HUPC

Strange they would cut the PC instead of the Regalia. But that's life...Poo happens. Lol

Fortunately I've got a box on the way from a recent 24:24, a purchase made just before the recent announcement. I've never had one but I thought I'd take a punt as I like the half corona. Not exactly stocking up, but a very timely buy!

Thunder & Lightening '75-'15

1 hour ago, Hutch said:

I'm satisfied with a few boxes ranging from '03-'15. I like the marca, but not enough to go on a spree. I learned my lesson back in '02 when I panic bought a metric buttload of cigars that had been discontinued. I ended up owning a big bunch of cigars based only on the idea of impending scarcity...not that I loved or smoked very often, but just because I thought I wouldn't be able to get them in the future. Then it dawned on me how silly that was...I've never been an investment purposed collector. So I sold most of them off, and now buy only discontinued cigars that I love and smoke a lot of. That being said, I'll take out a second mortgage if they discontinue PLPCs, PLPs, PLMCs, Picadores, Mag46s, CCEs or Epi2s :)

As stated above the HUPC is one of my top 3 favorite cigars. So I personally enjoy these. That's why I am buying them up!

2 hours ago, NYgarman said:

As stated above the HUPC is one of my top 3 favorite cigars. So I personally enjoy these. That's why I am buying them up!

Couldn't agree more. I'm still in the mourning phase. Not sure if 'll ever come to accept this asinine HSA deletion.

(And yes, stocking up as much as I can.)

For me, the H.Upmann Petit Corona is to the H.Upmann No.2 what Montecristo No.4 is to the Montecristo No.2. When given a choice I'm more likely to reach for the Montecristo options, but when I go for the H.Upmann options I'm always glad I did. I think this may be part of the reason why we are collectively grieving...such an under-rated quality cigar now gone. Yes, I will try to get some more before they are finally discontinued.

• Like 2