Best Punch Double Coronas box codes/year?

2 minutes ago, s1911 said:

Would like to know what your favorite box code or year for the Punch Double Coronas is?

I don't mind this question...I like to hear what others have had success with (Factory Box Date etc) and maybe pick up a box.  But I fear for you...about others:ph34r::(:ph34r:

Can't help on this though. 

I can't speak on behalf of specific box code, but IIRC, Rob listed the Punch DC in his top 25 the past 2 years in terms of overall quality.  Awhile back I was trying to find his top 25 list from '14 and '15 and couldn't find them very well.  

UGE, TUP and MAE over last couple years.  I've had a couple TUP Jun15 from a 50 cab which were nice.  Need more time, but decent.  

• Like 1

BOU in late 2011 and early 2012 in 50 cabs were terrific in my personal experience. LOM 2012 had good references from FOH members too (there is a thread on this). LOM produced lots of HDM and Punch PC boxes. My own experience with a LOM -- 2012 50 cab was different, but it's always a matter of finding a great box or cab whatever code.

TUP MAR 14 / PSP box of 25 that came from FOH was totally unsmokeable in April 2015 when it came, just flat and uninteresting. The worst Punch DC I've had, and I am a sucker for these. 15 months down, they improved bringing out that aged molasses note that you expect from Punch DC with dark wrappers. I keep an eye on them. By contrast, MOB -- 14 from FOH DC samplers were much better with only about a year on them, with that recogniseable Punch DC sweetness.

I'd say give a try to LOM or MOB if you can find them.

• Like 1

Sorry Maestro!  I think that was me on the 2012 LOM Punch DC recommendation!  Mine were in dress boxes and some of the most memorable smokes I ever enjoyed.  Still have another couple boxes from 2012 LOM that I jealously guard and only share with people I really like . . . when I'm feeling bad about myself I won't even let ME have one! :cigar::P 

I've a 2015 50 stick cab of UGE that I haven't touched yet so cannot comment.  And, btw, I can't get the lid back on.  Anybody have a magic trick for getting DC's to fit back into their cabinet once you receive them in shipping?  These poor buggers are in the cab, no lid and zip locked as a workaround, but it bugs me to no end.  These babies deserve better! :yes:  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PapaDisco said:

Anybody have a magic trick for getting DC's to fit back into their cabinet once you receive them in shipping?  This poor buggers are in the cab, no lid and zip locked as a workaround, but it bugs me to no end.  These babies deserve better! :yes:  

Undo the ribbon to let them settle deeper into the cab.  I keep an old 50 DC cab filled with Padrino's; looks wicked.

12 minutes ago, PapaDisco said:

Sorry Maestro!  I think that was me on the 2012 LOM Punch DC recommendation!  Mine were in dress boxes and some of the most memorable smokes I ever enjoyed.  Still have another couple boxes from 2012 LOM that I jealously guard and only share with people I really like . . . when I'm feeling bad about myself I won't even let ME have one! :cigar::P 

I've a 2015 50 stick cab of UGE that I haven't touched yet so cannot comment.  And, btw, I can't get the lid back on.  Anybody have a magic trick for getting DC's to fit back into their cabinet once you receive them in shipping?  This poor buggers are in the cab, no lid and zip locked as a workaround, but it bugs me to no end.  These babies deserve better! :yes:  

... smoke a few! Works perfect and it is rewarding!

-Piggy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PapaDisco said:

I've a 2015 50 stick cab of UGE that I haven't touched yet so cannot comment.  And, btw, I can't get the lid back on.  Anybody have a magic trick for getting DC's to fit back into their cabinet once you receive them in shipping?  This poor buggers are in the cab, no lid and zip locked as a workaround, but it bugs me to no end.  These babies deserve better! :yes:  

Of course that's you, Papa! I think LOM 12 is gone everywhere now. Tell us more about Punch DC box codes.

On to your cab lib issue, the easy way is to put the cab upside down. At least, the babies will be fully sheltered - from dust and tears. And Mr. Climatologist is right, smoke a couple now and let us know your thoughts on UGE 15s. Care to post a pic of that cab, if it's not too much trouble opening it? :)

I will get down to the cellar and get y'all a pic.  The UGE Punch DC's are in my long term aging bin.  And noooooooo Piggy I ain't gonna try one.  I'm letting these sit for a solid 5 before even 1 gets smoked.  Not sure I can make it that long, but I'm gonna try. :cigar: 

10 hours ago, PapaDisco said:

And noooooooo Piggy I ain't gonna try one.  I'm letting these sit for a solid 5 before even 1 gets smoked.

You really think Punch DCs need to decay that long, Papa? You didn't wait long on your LOMs 12 huh.  My 50 cabs of BOU DEC 11 and FEB 12 are not changing taste compared to what they were at 2.5-3 years old. I certainly wish but I just don't see that ageing is doing any more good to them.

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 9:22 PM, David88 said:

I have a box of MAE jul 14. The couple I have smoked have been good, the rest are laying down to sleep until the end of the year now. 

I have the same exact box code haven't even broken the seal yet, ill probably wait till next summer to crack open the box but I shall be interested in your opinion david at the end of year what your thoughts are

19 hours ago, Maestroso said:

You really think Punch DCs need to decay that long, Papa? You didn't wait long on your LOMs 12 huh.  My 50 cabs of BOU DEC 11 and FEB 12 are not changing taste compared to what they were at 2.5-3 years old. I certainly wish but I just don't see that ageing is doing any more good to them.

Nah, nothing dogmatic about this, it's just that I have a box and a half of 2012's that should tide me over.  That, and I'm enjoying whenever I crack open the ziplock on that 50 cab and the scent is just heavenly.  Makes me think it's just going to get better and better. :cigar: