Twin torpedo night

I've found with VR (Unicos and Famosos) a bit of time down makes a huge difference. They go from fairly "meh" to "ohmygodohmygodohmygod!".

Thanks for the review. Gotta get me some of those Dip 2s...

Excellent review and much appreciated. I had the H. Upmann 2 last night and it is a little more spicy than I prefer. I find it even more spicy peppery than the VR.

Regards.

9 minutes ago, Shikar said:

Excellent review and much appreciated. I had the H. Upmann 2 last night and it is a little more spicy than I prefer. I find it even more spicy peppery than the VR.

Regards.

I have yet to be wowed by any Upmann.  I have a few Upmann No. 2 singles (unknown date code) that I try from time to time.  The last one I had smoked OK for about 1 1/2 inches, then turned bitter on me.  I'm not sure what the big fuss is about.    

I have yet to be wowed by any Upmann.  I have a few Upmann No. 2 singles (unknown date code) that I try from time to time.  The last one I had smoked OK for about 1 1/2 inches, then turned bitter on me.  I'm not sure what the big fuss is about.    

I totally agree, the H upmann is not a cigar I prefer either, but this box of 2 is dark oily and smells bloody amazing....it's just not the taste I prefer to smoke.

I hear you saying you don't like Upmann, just as I can't stand Cohiba.......BUT do try the Sir Winnie, that is one Upmann that is not an Upmann, it's in a league of its own.

Regards.

18 hours ago, mwaller said:

Can you tell me more about these Sir Winstons?  I hear a lot of positive comments about them, but I've never really reseached. Thanks!

I had one last night to cap off my birthday celebration and they are phenomenal. 6th one out of a box from 2014 I believe (writing this away from my humidor). Construction is just what I prefer, well packed with a firmish draw, perfect burn line with excellent ash retention. Flavor wise I consider it mild medium with cream as a predominant note throughout, though the mouthful is extraordinarily smooth and velvety. I'm not an expert, but I also detect notes of stone fruit in the second third along with coffee and some mild earth notes. Smoked it to the nub in about two hours and nothing bad to say about the experience. Paired nicely with an espresso imperial Porter and a kriek.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2017 at 6:59 PM, mwaller said:

I have some 2009 Upmann #2's that are wonderful smokes. The construction is much more consistent than the Monte No. 2 and great flavors with some age