What is your "go to" herf stick?

Just wondering what your favourite cigars for herfs are specifically? They may not be your favourite overall.

For me it's a large flavourful stick but nothing too complex so I can concentrate on conversation with mates and maybe the inevitable drinks (or 6) we have also.

I like the h upmann 50 or the bolivar royal Corona. Medium to medium full. Larger ring guage is a bit more forgiving. Tasty but don't have to concentrate too much. Anyway just a couple of examples.

What are your favourites for a herf? Do you agree with my assessment for a good herf stick?

Cheers

Dicko

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Hi mate for me it's always going to be the BBF seldom fails :ok:

• Like 1

For me, no such thing. Sometimes I'll grab a Churchill or DC that I haven't had the time to smoke around the house. Other times I know Ill be trading sticks with BOTLs and will only bring a couple PCs or the like for smoking, so I have the chance to get a couple smokes in. 

I don't typically go with anything older than 3-5 years though, I like to save the older stuff for occasions that I can devote the time and attention required to enjoy them completely. 

Dicko, I'm with you and Mickey on the BRC. Easily one of the more frequent cigars I grab for all the reasons you both listed. 

Mag 46 is another and to Stunod's point the RyJ Wide Churchill has been one that I have been bringing along recently 

• Like 1

I like to get there half an hour early ...

open a 5pac of monty#4's and get myself and others puffing on em :) .

monty#4's get smoked at herfs ... if you hand out " alsonso de credenza's " from the 60's people tend to tuck em away .

derrek

• Like 1

Yes, I'm with you dicko too (Aw man...I'm out of likes again, I've done my 20 for the day! I wanted to like some posts here). I reach for the flavorful minuto/perlas by habit, I suppose, like the San Cristobal de La Habana El Principe, Montecristo No.1, Trinidad Reyes, H.Upmann Half Corona or Partagas Shorts. I know what to expect with these as they deliver flavour pretty much every time and I enjoy that I can move onto a bigger cigar afterwards, and I usually do.

• Like 3

The Double Corona is always my go to for these sort of events.  And if we're still going once that is done, then it's time to break out something smaller like a Petit Corona or Robusto.

• Like 1

Almost always the Mag50. It's rare that I've the free time for a herf, ensuring a perfectly constructed, delicious 2hr stick is essential. 

However, I've four '14 Cohiba Piramid Extra aging that will probably be 2018 herf worthy.