Cigar Cutter Review - Colibri V Cutter

Thanks for the review.  Been using a V-Cutter more and more lately and have actually been looking at the Collibri you reviewed, think I'll just give it a whirl.  Cheers.

This is the one I would get. I've been favouring it more than a straight cut.
  • Like 1

I watched the whole video from start to finish without sound. So all that I had were your hand gestures to go by "what you were experiencing". I loved the part where you hunted around until you found out how it opened. You were very decisive on the cut so it made me think that you knew how the thing worked. Then feeling the weight of the cutter and the acknowledgement that it was a cutter of quality. Your cross cultural communication skills are amazing.

• Like 2

Ordered one recently after a few 'bad' wind tunnel experiences with larger ring gauges. Looking forward to giving it a go. Thanks for the review.

• Like 1

I watched the whole video from start to finish without sound. So all that I had were your hand gestures to go by "what you were experiencing". I loved the part where you hunted around until you found out how it opened. You were very decisive on the cut so it made me think that you knew how the thing worked. Then feeling the weight of the cutter and the acknowledgement that it was a cutter of quality. Your cross cultural communication skills are amazing.

Thank you. Sound would have been better though!

Ordered one recently after a few 'bad' wind tunnel experiences with larger ring gauges. Looking forward to giving it a go. Thanks for the review.

No problem. Hope you get on with it!

Great review and a great cutter. I use only v-cuts when smoking cigars thinner than a 42 and this cutter is solid, one of my three go-to cutters. 

• Like 1

* Hey, thanks a million for that review, Pandyboy! :ok:  I've BEEN interested in a more quality brand V-cutter like the Colibri or Xikar V-cutters. Right now I'm making due with some $2.00 freebies and lower priced ones I've acquired previously. The clean cut and depth demonstrated in this video of the Colibri V-cutter is awesome! Again, thanks! 

• Like 1

Thanks for all the comments. I'll look to review some more stuff!

On ‎8‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 5:01 AM, pandyboy said:

This is a great cutter. Thought I would give it a review. Want sure where to post it so it ended up here.

Thanks for the review! :2thumbs:

On ‎8‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 9:50 AM, BuzzArd said:

Good stuff.  Always favored a V cut.  Currently though I've been playing it straight.  I will say the cheap V cutters are generally crap. Have two of the Xikar V cutters and have been very happy with them. 

I enjoy my Xikar v-cutter also, but you have two?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JohnS said:

Thanks for the review! :2thumbs:

I enjoy my Xikar v-cutter also, but you have two?

well, there's a story there.   And I'm going to remedy that soon.  I bought a good pal one to give at Christmas as there was a Xikar event I got a 20% off deal on.  But that cutter ended up in the center cnsole of the car ans I've been using it to cut my road sticks for 5 months.  It's now in a padded envelope on my desk and I'll get it out to him soon....

2 minutes ago, BuzzArd said:

well, there's a story there.   And I'm going to remedy that soon.  I bought a good pal one to give at Christmas as there was a Xikar event I got a 20% off deal on.  But that cutter ended up in the center cnsole of the car ans I've been using it to cut my road sticks for 5 months.  It's now in a padded envelope on my desk and I'll get it out to him soon....

Aah...makes perfect sense! :ok:

• Like 1