Recomendations on smaller gauge.....

So maybe a bad idea to ask, but I'll explain. I started at this during trips to Cuba over the last 4 years. I have tried probably 25 different CC over the last 4 years, WAY less than a lot on here. Downside is, with no help or guidance(I am sad to say my help was reading CA top 25 lists), I have tried all larger gauge stuff........thinking they were "better". If I had found FOH BEFORE my last trip in nov(oh so very sad I didn't), I would have tried some smaller ones. I did come back with 4 nice (imho)boxes, but want to grow what I have, and try some smaller stuff. Keeping in mind I prefer Monti#2 and RyJ Wide Churchhills as my top 2 , what can U folks recommend in low to mid 40 that I may like. Yes no one can tell me what I like, but am more than willing to try based on what's recommended. This would have to be something available now, as I don't want to spend $$ on aged hard to source ones. So.....I have been honest with my mistakes, anyone want to help?? ;)

• Like 1

I think petite coronas are good for most brands, so try the monte 4 and any others you can find. You should be able to buy singles of most (if not all) from Rob. All of these are relatively affordable and easy to find. If you're looking for something that  last longer and costs more, I would try the monte especial (or especial 2). I would also recomend the partagas 898 or cazadores because you mentioned RyJ... 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, boilers183 said:

I think petite coronas are good for most brands, so try the monte 4 and any others you can find. You should be able to buy singles of most (if not all) from Rob. All of these are relatively affordable and easy to find. If you're looking for something that  last longer and costs more, I would try the monte especial (or especial 2). I would also recomend the partagas 898 or cazadores because you mentioned RyJ... 

Thanks....Actually a shorter smoke time isn't a bad idea really

I don't have a ton of experience with CCs like you but some of my favorites of that range are the La Gloria Cubana Medaille D'Or No. 4, the Bolivar PC, and stretching the boundary, the H. Upmann Mag 46.  If I had to pick one out of those three to be my favorite right now is the H. Upmann Mag 46 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JohnS said:

Just because the cigars are smaller, it definitely doesn't mean that they're less flavoursome! Give the minutos/perlas a try (i.e. Montecristo No.5, Ramon Allones Small Club Corona,

I second the RASCC.  One of the first boxes I received and forgot how much I love them. 

• Like 3

Montecristo #4

Ramon Allones Small Club Corona

These are the most consistent Cuban pcs IMHO. 

For Non-cuban, and my favorite small cigar this year, the Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story. VERY consistent, cameroon or maduro...both are just great little perfectos.

• Like 1

Super solid list by the previous contributors: RASSC, el principe, MdO #4 (still on 24), BCJ/BPC, Party short and maybe a Illusione Fume D'Amour Laguna on the NC side would be my suggestions.  El principes are still rolling around and are very enjoyable with 15' box codes.  Reliable construction.

@JohnS also mentioned the sampler.  Might be the way to go, get a taste of whats out there (maybe x2 or x3) and then chart a plan of attack depending on your budget.

• Like 3

guess I was late to this post considering my specialty is in small RG's, if you don't mind going below 40 RG go get yourself a box of por larranaga montecarlos just an amazing smoke yes its a 33 RG but do not be afraid of it the flavor is amazing!! ok if you do go below 40 then its a new can of worms with lanceros as well LOL

• Like 4

I like smaller ring too !

Monty #5 are awesome ,slightly different then the #4 ,i like have both in my humi .

Lgc mdo #4 are great too , but imo they need a bit down time to settle .

Cohiba corona especial are definatly my favorite cohiba .

Monty media corona are great , it s like a small robusto , they smoke well .

Hoyo du prince and hoyo coronation are good too . 

Cuaba divinos are pack with flavor but sometimes they are plug soo grab a few ,dont judge on one only . 

Soo many good small ring 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, BellevilleMXZ said:

Wow guys thanks for all the reco's, I got some shopping to do!

you sure do and before you know it 4 wineadors full 3 desktops full and 2-3 more wineadors  still in the box waiting to be seasoned ok hopefully not as bad as me  :lol:

• Like 1

if your gonna go that way go long skinnies! they have the best flavor range of all cigars i find. so

monty especiales

trinidad fundedores

cohiba lanceros

etc...there are others...

and if you can find a nice box of LGC medaille d'or no.1...well you'll be in heaven! they're still at a good price for a discontinued cigar i find.

• Like 2

If you like RyJ, you cannot go wrong with the RyJ PC. They need a little time down (and then some dryboxing) but they're like a mini churchill will clearly defined thirds. A big winner in my rotation.

• Like 2