Forum Issues

Orion21

Rob,

I have noticed the forum is not posting replies to topics properly. Once a reply is typed and "Post New Topic" is pressed the "saving" status just keeps going and going. I've noticed some people with 2,3 or even 4 identical posts. I have noticed that if I ignore the "saving" status and go back to the Water Hole the replies have shown up.

P.S. When I pressed the Post button for this topic the web browser just kept turning like it wasn't connecting. I navigated back to the Forum and it had posted.

• Like 1

I think I have the record for today...my post went up 10 times!!!

The multiple posts are really turning me off...can someone send a PSA or something to tell people not to keep hitting post? Really ridiculous.

Might make more sense to just figure out what;s wrong with the forum.

My first post that was affected was around 11am Friday (UK). On my Android phone, through Tapatalk on a 4g network. Kept saying "connecting to server" but didn't.

I also first noticed it about 24 hrs ago and I'm using an iPhone 6.

To prevent repeat posts, I've pressed the 'stop loading this page' option in my browser after posting, then refreshed and voila, this temporary workaround has been sufficient to assure single postings, until the matter is rectified.

Yes, you press the post button and it doesn't complete its action. I've just paused the page loading after posting to prevent double postings. (Although this post completed successfully the first time.)

Still happening when using Tapatalk on iOS.

Though, funny enough, when I just replied to this thread, it posted only once. I quoted another post earlier in another thread and it double-posted. Might be related to quotes?

Still happening when using Tapatalk on iOS.

Though, funny enough, when I just replied to this thread, it posted only once. I quoted another post earlier in another thread and it double-posted. Might be related to quotes?

Similarly, I've just quoted a post in a reply this morning and I had to use the 'stop browser' workaround as the post wouldn't complete. I've had the same issue with issuing 'likes' on the forum.

Edit: This post too didn't complete, perhaps due to the quote? (But editing and pressing 'save changes' presented no problems.)

It's also happening in Messenger. I sent Rob a PM, it went twice. And it happened while posting earlier today.

Firefox on Mac OSX 10.9.5

It's also happening in Messenger. I sent Rob a PM, it went twice. And it happened while posting earlier today.

Firefox on Mac OSX 10.9.5

But it seems to be fixed now.