Posts take a great deal of time to generate

MIKA27

Just noticed today that majority of my posts take an awful long time to actually generate once you hit the post button.

I pretty much double posted but fixed that by editing the second to a different post.

Curious if this is happening to anyone else...?

Other websites are fine so rules out my PC.

Yeah, tons of people double posting. I have had a much longer lag time than usual between clicking the post button and the post actually popping up.

ASIO = Australian Secret Intelligence Office?

I'm assuming similar to our CIA, NSA, Dept. Home Land Security?

If they are anything like our services all we can be sure of is that the hackers are getting a read too!! no.gifrotfl.gif

Yep, my post submission spun and spun. Opened another window and it had already been responded to!

My posts go up in just a couple seconds / ~instantly as normal -- but the UI gets the pulsing green bar at the top which makes it seem like it's not done yet. So the process is:

1. Post, and the tab shows that it's still in progress.

2. Open a new tab immediately and verify that the first copy of your post is there.

3. Close the original tab.

:)

Yeah, tons of people double posting. I have had a much longer lag time than usual between clicking the post button and the post actually popping up.

ASIO = Australian Secret Intelligence Office?

I'm assuming similar to our CIA, NSA, Dept. Home Land Security?

If they are anything like our services all we can be sure of is that the hackers are getting a read too!! no.gifrotfl.gif

Similar, but more incompetent. ASIO builds a brand new, high tech, ultra secured headquarters... and China has the plans for the building before opening. Then to top it off, the land next door was bought by a Chinese government backed tech company, whose main invester (Chinese billionaire Liang Guangwei) is a former PRC soldier who has strong ties to the Chinese government.

Similar, but more incompetent. ASIO builds a brand new, high tech, ultra secured headquarters... and China has the plans for the building before opening. Then to top it off, the land next door was bought by a Chinese government backed tech company, whose main invester (Chinese billionaire Liang Guangwei) is a former PRC soldier who has strong ties to the Chinese government.

That was the funniest thing i've read. Considering i was working at Prominent Hill when MMG (asian comany) tried to buy out OZ Minerals but the government blocked it because Prominent Hill is on defense land pretty much. So OZ had to remain as a business with only one mine site, everything else got sold off to MMG.