Hamlet Tabaquero haul

Back in November 2015, Hamlet had a few tour stops in PA while promoting his debut cigar. I contacted a friend and told him he should head out to meet him and try his cigar. In turn, he offered to pick up some boxes and relay them up to me. So I asked around, others were interested, so we did a group buy. Hamlet was gracious enough to sign and date each box as well.

Below are the spoils.

post-6763-0-36498100-1454426283_thumb.jp

Closeup of the Coronas

post-6763-0-73946000-1454426294_thumb.jp

Closeup of Robustos

post-6763-0-21909600-1454426301_thumb.jp

Closeup of Salamones

post-6763-0-62172200-1454426308_thumb.jp

Closeup of Toros

post-6763-0-11860400-1454426315_thumb.jp

Kudos to Keith for bringing these up from the US.

In all, the presentation of the boxes and cigars IMO are quite handsome. With only one exception. There was some paint dust residue from what I believe may have been some kind of silk screening process for the logos and type on the box. I wiped them off with damp paper towels and there was a yellow tinge that matched the box paint. Kind of a nasty oversight, but not the end of the world. It was easy enough to clean up.

• Like 4

Nice ...have you smoked one , if so please tell us ...what was it like ? smile.png

I've smoked two Robustos. I really enjoyed them. It is definitely a full bodied and at times strong cigar. On the plus side, it's flavour profile was dynamic. I'm used to smoking NC's that are someone monotonous. This blend however, changed throughout each third.

Here's my review. Tabaquero Robusto.

I've smoked two Robustos. I really enjoyed them. It is definitely a full bodied and at times strong cigar. On the plus side, it's flavour profile was dynamic. I'm used to smoking NC's that are someone monotonous. This blend however, changed throughout each third.

Here's my review. Tabaquero Robusto.

Great ..thankyou

How are the draws on these? I know hamlet said that he had to loosen them up more than what he was used to because of the NC trend but are they more closed than regular NC?

I found the Salomones to have a slightly tighter draw than most NC's, but not too tight. More like a typical Cuban draw. Haven't tried any of the other vitolas.

• Like 1