Upper Endoscopy

Had one this morning. Loved it. Well not exactly but just wanted to share with you, don't sweat it. It was a piece of cake. You put in a mouthpiece and lights out. Woke up a while later in the recovery and a few hours later I am having a Partagas E2 on the porch with the cat.

If the doc says to get one, don't sweat the procedure. This advice goes for the colonoscopy as well. Great drugs and painless. Get one when the time comes.

Just remember, I am not a real doctor.

• Like 2

Last colonoscopy I had they gave me the option to be semi-sedated so I could stay awake, watch the monitor and talk to the doctor. Since I was cleaned out it was all pink, but I now know much more than I want to about what's on the other side of my anus, LOL! Next time, lights out!

I was wondering where you got the image for your profile!

• Like 4

I don't recommend having both done at the same time though. That would be an ugly meet up somewhere deep. no.gif

i had them both same time once years ago. and had some hernias fixed as well. at least, i think i did. who'd know once it is lights out. i'd much much rather get it all over.

I had a colonoscopy a few month ago and I was wide awake.I had a lot of fun talking to the Doc as she was of German background and had studied in Berlin and Heidelberg.She was happy to polish up on her German.My wife had it a few month later and she was knocked out.Different Doc.Go figure

I can tell you one thing for certain, I'm not talking to anyone or looking at anyone when they have a garden hose with a camera on the end up my arse. No way...no how. And a hot lady Doc! Not even going to be allowed in the same room. Give me an old fat guy with glaucoma.

So Doc, you ever work for RotoRooter?

I will take the drugs sir, all of them!

• Like 3

I can tell you one thing for certain, I'm not talking to anyone or looking at anyone when they have a garden hose with a camera on the end up my arse. No way...no how. And a hot lady Doc! Not even going to be allowed in the same room. Give me an old fat guy with glaucoma.

So Doc, you ever work for RotoRooter?

I will take the drugs sir, all of them!

This thread is getting hilarious by the minute!

Give me an old fat guy with glaucoma.

Classic! biggrin.png

Had a colonoscopy done about five years ago. Worse part was drinking the God Awful liquid prep that gets you clean as a whistle. The best part was waking up in the co-ed "farting room", where everyone had to fart before being released. I can only imagine the stories the nurses who work in that room can tell. I wouldn't want that job because I can't imagine a fart not being funny anymore. moon.gif

• Like 1

Moviprep is vile and disgusting. Calling it "orange" flavoured is a bold faced lie by the manufacturer. If you ever find yourself having to take it, make sure you are never more than 2 metres away from the toilet. And try not to wear pants with a belt. You will not have time to worry about a belt when you gotta go.

• Like 3

I had to get both cameras done about 15 years ago for some stomach problems.

The doctor was a white haired guy in his sixties with a beard......he looked like the classic Santa Claus.

Well when I woke up in recovery I remember thinking that I must have featured heavily on the naughty list in my youth to deserve such treatment by Santa :o

On the plus side the drugs worked a treat....no memory of the procedure and according to my family I was hilariously high for the rest of that day rambling about really weird stuff!

And Fuzz is right about Moviprep, I practically slept in the bathroom the night before the procedure :-(

Had a colonoscopy done about five years ago. Worse part was drinking the God Awful liquid prep that gets you clean as a whistle. The best part was waking up in the co-ed "farting room", where everyone had to fart before being released. I can only imagine the stories the nurses who work in that room can tell. I wouldn't want that job because I can't imagine a fart not being funny anymore. moon.gif

The prep is a lot worse than the procedure.The manufacturer should be sued for false advertising

• Like 1

clap.giflol3.gifrotfl.gif2thumbs.gif

This thread is priceless, and informative seeing as how I have not had either.....yet, but great advice nonetheless. Glad I decided to read this thread.

Had my last one a few weeks back - very relaxing chat with my doc and a cigar for him as always as he is a cigar smoker, lights out and a short nap, a couple of farts in the waking room and a cigar in the Cafe an hour later.

Can only agree about the Movicrap-prep the day before ...potty.gif

LOL. Had the southern proceedure done a few years ago for checking on some issues.

EXCELLENT drugs.

Ladies and gents, I've done MORE than my fair share in previous lives gone by.

That stuff (propofol and something else) was GLORIOUS. I counted back about 4 numbers, was out and didn't feel or hear a thing, and was pseudo-Mr-Happy for about 3 hours afterwards. And all without the empty wallet, self-loathing, paranoia, regret, etc. that "usually" accompanies those forays into chemical substances.

Only drawback was that the week before had some issues from work, so my mind was a bit rambling. When waking up, I thought I was in the midst of a "work situation", and woke up to see two nurses leaning over me with medical tools, and lunged to haul off at one while I was coming too.

Thankfully, my distance judgement was HORRIBLY out of whack, and that I was also strapped down to the gurney still. LOL.

• Like 1

clap.giflol3.gifrotfl.gif2thumbs.gif

This thread is priceless, and informative seeing as how I have not had either.....yet, but great advice nonetheless. Glad I decided to read this thread.

Bass - you're due! It will teach you humility for sure!