Short Filler C&C Choice?

jwr0201

Looking to pick-up a tasty short filler box for those times when a higher end stick is not order. Quick dog walks, etc. looking at PL Panetelas and most of the JLP offerings. Like the looks of the Petit Cetros and Cremas. How do the JLP's compare with the PLP flavorwise?

Excellent information! Much appreciated. I'll pick-up a box and give a short review.

When I don't have time to really focus on an expensive cigar but want something to smoke I have found myself reaching for Romeo y Julieta Puritos a lot. My drive to work is about 20 minutes and it fits the bill. Machine made and about $1 each.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been loving the JLP Petit Cetros. The price (~$1.50/ea) absolutely does not reflect their quality and I'm shocked they don't sell closer to the Quintero price. They consistently come in at 88-90 points for me and that's more than can be said for many, many premiums I've had over the last few years.

Sure, the Favoritos are a good relative value as well and the only robusto option but I'd rather have any of the JLP lineup at 40-60% less.

• 3 weeks later...

Never liked JLP - dirty-tasting (as opposed to earthy, which I like) and rather rough with few redeeming qualities, IMO. If I were you (which I am not) I would aim towards the PLP, RGPE and Troya if they have to be short filler.

• Like 1