José L. Piedra in your humidor

José L. Piedra in your humidor  

188 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't know if I would buy more than a few but I have been given some and recently reviewed one. (Cazadores)

They are a lawn mowing cigar and can give you okay flavors but never great ones. Construction usually is crap and I tend to get pissed off half way through. So if I don't care if I end it early I might but I would rather smoke a good cigar. There are so many NCs you can get on sale that are much better and close in price. (Oliva Gs or Os for example)

Jose = Meh

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I rediscovered JLP about 3 months ago and I've been absolutely loving them. Been smoking through a vendor's 2013 stock currently. They don't look the best but the good ones in the box could pass for a

José L. Piedra. It's not a cigar that gets much attention amongst Cigar enthusiasts, but it is a huge seller for Habanos S.A. Re-introduced in 1996 after a temporary discontinuation in 1990, it's a sh

My time with cigars is limited, and a personal luxury. I own no JLPs, and don't see myself seeking them out, unless they begin to offer something special that I can't get elsewhere.

Was gifted one in a review pass.

Didn't know a thing about it, so this thread was helpful.

Will smoke it with an open mind. It might just tickle an itch.

Was gifted one in a review pass.

Didn't know a thing about it, so this thread was helpful.

Will smoke it with an open mind. It might just tickle an itch.

Have it while you're doing something else. Works better than just sittin' n smokin' for some reason! They're good background cigars, I get through a lot of them working in the garden.
  • Like 1

I smoked a Conserva the other day along with a PL Montecarlo. A couple of buddies and I went to the new Montecristo Cigar lounge at Ceaser's Palace. None of them are regular smokers and 1 cigar was enough for them to pass around. The new cigar bar was very nice, the service very bad. More on that in another thread through.

I lit up the PLMC and smoked the first third or so before giving the Conserva a try. They were perfect accompaniments each other. The PLMC was smooth, sweet, caramely and creamy. Everything I hope for in one of these.

The Conserva on the other hand, was the exact opposite. Rich, earthy, a bit of spice. Both went great with my G&T, but again were very different. I have never had construction issues bar occasionally, slightly loose fills. That's not typically an issue for me as I am a slower smoker. They can start to get a bit hot/grubby/tarry towards the end, which I don't like, but for $2 bucks a piece I'm OK ditching the last 3/4" of a 5" stick.

• 4 weeks later...

Smoking through these BLE DEC 11 & OTA FEB 12 Petit Cetros and the results have been excellent. 4-5 years on these really does wonders. Not a trace of harshness or tannic youth. Very smooth and flavorful.

Very disappointed with the 2013 and 2014 5 packs of Brevas I recently picked up. Seriously inferior to these Petit Cetros. These will be a staple in my humidor as long as I can get them.

• Like 1