On the Golf Course

Any golfers out there?

If so what do you like to smoke on the course or do you mix it up?

Looking for suggestions to try while playing a round. Looks like Brisbane summers are going to be hot though, so might have to look at something on the mild side.

I usually grab a 5er. Purely random selecting. I also keep a fiver of "mooch" sticks in my bag, for guys who want one just because I'm having one and their line is usually "man, thanks. I haven't has a cigar in years"

Stick to NCs on the course. Generally don't get into expensive cigars. When I'm golfing I don't want to baby or focus on the cigar, I'm there to golf (I'm a 3-5 handicap...).

After round cigar is a different story.

I like Hoyo Epicure #2's and Punch Punchs on the course and bring lots to share. Also like to drink coffee while playing. One of the best cigars I ever had was an Epi #2 while following the players around at the last U.S. Open at the Olympic Club. Enjoy!

I like Hoyo Epicure #2's and Punch Punchs on the course and bring lots to share. Also like to drink coffee while playing. One of the best cigars I ever had was an Epi #2 while following the players around at the last U.S. Open at the Olympic Club. Enjoy!

X2! :cigar:

There's no perfect vitola for out of doors, but the robustos and corona gordas seem to do the best of staying lit and burning about as evenly as one could expect with any sort of breeze. Big fatties and Churchill/DC's take more maintenance.

I like the Punch Punch, Epi 2, PSD 4, CORO, Siglo IV or Mag46 on the course.

• Like 1

For the most part, I don't smoke and golf at the same time.

I find that each activity is best when significant concentration is focused on each activity.

I mean, I have enough trouble hitting a good shot when I am concentrating on my backswing, keeping my left arm straight, keeping in balance, with my eye on the ball and following through. Then I get in my cart and puff on my cigar, and I'm not really thinking about the cigar. So if I do smoke, it has to be something that I don't really care about.

I know many will disagree, but for me, there is simply NO BETTER PLACE to light up a good cigar than on the golf course. I'll tee off with something meaty (e.g. BBF) and finish up with something a bit milder, perhaps a Connie 1 or Choix Supreme. Regardless, a quality cc with a tasty craft beer on the links is pretty damn close to Heaven on Earth!

• Like 2

I generally don't smoke on my home course (the one I work at) due to the fact that I have juniors that I instruct out there so I don't want to set a 'bad' (?) example. However when I play elsewhere and if riding in a cart, I love a cigar on the course. Enjoyed a Connie A and a JL2 up at the Whistler GC yesterday. The Connie A was incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will bring a selection of cigars, but a Mag 46 on the front nine followed by a PSD4 or RASS on the back nine works for me. The wife has to have Cohiba Sig I or II to smoke on the course, but also likes a Mag 46 occasionally.

I love the game and play 3-4 times per week. Index is 2.7.

I smoke the Davidoff line when I play. Also perdomo is a great stick for the course.

I live in Florida, so that means very humid. If I light up a CC most times the humidity kills my stogies.

I suck compared to some of you guys (12 handicap :-) ) but I also enjoy smoking on the course as well but I stick to NC's as I generally as I don't have time to concentrate on them. My old tobacconist used to ask me where and when I was playing the next day and select a few for me. I used to think that was a bit much but I did actually find that certain wrappers smoked better in windy conditions.

I suck compared to some of you guys 12 handicap

With a 12 index you are better than likely 60% of all golfers out there as the average is around 15.

As for cigars for me it all depends on the weather. A cold rainy day I will not often be smoking a cigar on the course but will bring one or two robustos in case the rain lets up. On a pleasant day with not too much wind I will normally go through at least 3 cigars and sometimes 4. Start off with a DC Followed by a Pyramide or a Robusto and finish the round off with a PC or Minuto.

With a 12 index you are better than likely 60% of all golfers out there as the average is around 15.

As for cigars for me it all depends on the weather. A cold rainy day I will not often be smoking a cigar on the course but will bring one or two robustos in case the rain lets up. On a pleasant day with not too much wind I will normally go through at least 3 cigars and sometimes 4. Start off with a DC Followed by a Pyramide or a Robusto and finish the round off with a PC or Minuto.

Hmm....playing a course where 5+ hours is the norm ?

I'll smoke it all on the course. Prefer cigarettes but have really enjoyed MC2s out there. I play to a low single digit HCP but when I'm out there shootin around with the boys I could care less about my score really. All about havin a good time!

I usually take a couple of PLP's or RGPE's etc., one for me and one for the other guy in our four that likes cigars. Also take take a couple of better ones RASups, LGC Inmensos etc. in case he and I carry on after at one of our homes and have some whisky / rum.

I tend to let the weather dictate my selection. Lighter blends for warmer weather, stronger for cooler temps.

More often than not, I never get around to enjoy one on the course. Golf takes up all my attention. The 19th hole is typically where I enjoy my smoke time. No complaints...

Most Sunday's I will light a PLPC on the 11th tee and enjoy for the rest of the competition round. For me I get to do two things I really enjoy at once. Saying that if I'm not feeling it, then cigar stays in the bag....

Long weekend for me, so have comp rounds on Sunda and Monday..... Might mix up the cigar choice for s change

Hmm....playing a course where 5+ hours is the norm ?

Not at all I normally finish in about 4 hours but I smoke pretty fast as a DC will only last about 1.25 hours. If there is no wind then the cigars will last a bit longer. If the course is open in front then will finish the round in 3 and 1 less cigar will be smoked.

I like to hand out fresh PLPCs. When they turn green, I'm guaranteed to win! :lol3:

We should organise a lil putt putt!