Best Whisky You've Had So Far in 2015...

dangolf18

What is the best malt you've had so far in 2015? I don't open a whole lot of bottles ever year, but for me it was a signatory bottling of Mortlach 18 year old. Looking forward to hearing what great bottles you guys have been drinking!

Kavalan solo vinho barrique was pretty amazing, though I don't like that it's got the best in the world tag! Heartwood devil in the detail was amazing (aussie independent bottler)

Agree with you on the vinho mate, my favourite drop to date this year, the 58.6% was a stunner, having said that, i've a mac18 1995 vintage ive yet to open ...

• Like 1

Not overly expensive, or special - but Glengoyne Cask Strength (batch 001) really floated my boat. Amazing value.

And like Surucipe above - I am surprised that my favourite whisky all year has been a NAS.

I am near finishing an OMC bottle of Bruichladdich 20 year that has been stellar for me.

If I based it on consumption my prize would go to the Bowmore 12 year, same as the year before, and a dozen years before that.

I'm really not trying to show off, but foe me, the best this year was a 52 yr. old Macallan 1946. Amazing stuff, so tasty while nuanced and delicate. Not too oaky, rich sherry flavors and a very nice touch of peat smoke- the only vintage that has this.

A friend of mine and I speculated that the peat may have come from fuel shortages post-war that forced them to use peat to run the stills, as coal or gas may have been in short supply at the time, considering how much bomb damage occurred to Great Britain during the war.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm slowly sipping my Yamazaki 25 lol ever since the price got blown way out of proportion.

But price wise, glenmorangie signet is superb. Very strong dark choc notes. Laga16 and laphroaig18 are islay classics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also Lagavulin 16

It has the right balance of peat for my tastes (find Ardberg & the like too peaty) & a wonderful lingering aftertaste

Cheers

a bacon sandwich as Clive would say..I agree

• Like 1