What was your first full time job?

Worked for a finance company in a suburb of Birmingham called Fairfield. Several steel mills & heavy industrial facilities in the area, basically doing personal loans anywhere from $750 to $2,500, with some much higher. Basically went from a frat boy college grad with a History major pretty naive to the "real" world to learning the world of credit, dealing with those who weren't very good at managing it, and learning the expectations and realities of the working world. Very lucky to have had a great, patient boss and co-workers. Not proud of it but learned how to function for a full workday on 3 hours sleep and a hangover, too.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reminiscing last week with some mates over a wine and a cigar. Brings out the best of laughs What was your first full time job? .....and what are you doing today While at University I had three mo

First jobs out of college were semi-pro hockey player and pastry baker at a local cafe.  Then I was a chef at a Zen Buddhist monastery in Colorado for two years.  Left last year.  Now I'm in search of

when i first saw the headline, my first thought was why - were you thinking of getting one? scary thing is i was also in the army reserve but two years? no way. i was gone by day three. the fact that

I worked for my Dad who owned a furniture moving company for a number of years. It sucked lol. But I learned a good work ethic. I now own my own painting company as a contractor . Been in the trades for 25 years. Pays the bills!

• Like 1