Plugged cigar poll

Plugged cigars  

180 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have noticed that if I encounter a plugged cigar, I am much more apt to find subsequent plugged cigars in the same box. Not sure if I am being overly judgmental with the remaining cigars or if there was simply an inept roller at the helm for that box. Regardless, I would say that the rate of occurrence is certainly below 1%. Last plugged cigar that I encountered was a BRC MUL ABR 14.

I have experienced more wind tunnels than plugs. I voted 5% and it's mainly due to minutos namely RASCC.

I normally find that most of my plugged cigars also come smaller ring gage cigars, which is a shame as i prefer a thinner ring gage cigar over a fatty. Robustos I find to be, for the most part, spot on and if there ever is an issue with them it is the wind tunnel and not the plug. I will also from time to time get plugged Churchills. A couple of boxes of Sir winnies I had were especially bad. I have, however, had the most luck with Corona Gordas, which also happens to be my favorite vitola.

• Like 1

I really haven't had many plugged cigars - one or two, but they were from around the turn of the millennium

I must admit that I sometimes think the production issues CCs have a reputation for are an exaggeration (in recent years anyway)

About 0.0006%. I can only remember 3 "plugged" cigars in the last 20 years out of several thousand I've smoked. However, being as I have a serious case of CRS, I may have to recuse myself from this poll! :)

Maybe .5%. Only one I can recall specifically was a BPC. Try to keep my Humi at 62%, which I think helps enormously.

Have a big issue with a box of Dip 1s from 2009, now o.k. These are box pressed, but this particular box is so tight every stick so far (about 6) has been virtually unsmokable. I have another box from 2008 which have been perfect.

Have a big issue with a box of Dip 1s from 2009, now o.k. These are box pressed, but this particular box is so tight every stick so far (about 6) has been virtually unsmokable. I have another box from 2008 which have been perfect.

When you arrive in Perth Davex look us up we have a small but strong cigar group here in west OZ and you are most welcome to join our motley crew

Cheers Steve

First plug in probably a yr. Sancho Panza Belicoso '08. Fireproof wrapper and rolled tight as buggery. Only one I had, quite a shame!

• 4 months later...

I put 5% even thought I think it's lower than that. I did had a box of Siglo III's and about half of them were either completely plugged or had very hard draws. I've had a few seriously plugged Party 898's and SD4's and one very disappointing Luisitania, but other than that I have had few problems. I find more cigars are under filled than are plugged.

I'd say realistically I've found about about 2-3% are totally plugged or so hard to draw that I give up.

I read so much concerning those being incensed about construction issues when it comes to Cuban cigars and it makes me wonder if these are the same people who tear a strip off a server in a restaurant if a piece of toast is placed on a plate in a manner that they find disagreeable. After going to Cuba and seeing how the everyday person lives, I've relaxed my expectations and instead choose to lose myself in the beauty that Cuban tobacco has to offer. A roller can have a bad day too. I've had many. If I'm having difficulty getting a perfect draw I try to find something enjoyable about the cigar and tell myself that the next one will give me more of what I want.

Not too many, but I split a box of HDM DCs and half of them were plugged.

Incredibly frustrating especially considering how expensive they were.

This was probably around 2005.

I still have 2-3 left, and not sure I'll ever try smoking them.

I agree with current issue much more likely to be wind tunnels, but I prefer that compared to a plugged cigar.

Only maybe 1-2 that were almost unsmokeable (since I started smoking cc's last December). I'd say maybe 1%. I've had plenty where the draw is tighter than I like...I prefer a fairly loose draw. I can relax and enjoy the stick more when it's not tight.

I've had two plugged CC's this past year. Since I enjoy cigars from a variety of countries it would be hard to pin down a %. I clicked 5%, but I'm thinking that may be a bit high. BTW, they were an RASS and a Monte #2. The RASS I clipped the obstruction in the head and enjoyed a petit robusto the Monte was a straight up wooden dowl.

I concur with Capt. Quintero......I smoke 250-300 CC's a year and pitch less than half a dozen or so due to plug issues. More often than not the long and slenders. I store em and dry box them...if that doesn't work, C'est la vie! Soft spots and under-filling are occur much more frequently IMHO. Monte #2's, #3's, Boli RC's , JL#2's.....sometimes 20% + of the box. Definitely leads to some unpleasant, bitter and harsh smokes....not to mention heat and burn issues. Thumbs down on the "wind tunnels"!

Looking forward to some of El Presidente's inspected PSP/HQ boxes.....the photos are amazing.