For all you Gurkha Lovers out their!

He only named two people who liked them Bill Clinton and Mathew McConaughey. I don't know about Matt but I would like to think Bill has better tastes than that.

i think clinton has mad a career of proving he does not.

as for mcconaughey, he, on the other hand, has proved that he has impeccable taste. any texan who is a dyed-in-the-wool skins fans is deserving of as much respect as we can muster.

tho that might prove his good taste, it does suggest, sadly, he is a horrible judge of football.

Did I just hear this right....."Rolls Royce"??????????

rotfl.gifrotfl.gifrotfl.gifrotfl.gifrotfl.gifrotfl.gifrotfl.gif

Does that guy ever read cigar forums and see all the crap people write about Gurkha cigars?

Man, you would be AMAZED at how many people enjoy this cigar....I had the same line of thinking as you did until I saw how many people at the local B&Ms actual enjoy Gurkha surprised.gif

I hate Khaizad Hansotia! He and Jonathan Drew with his infused cigars, Hansotia with his war chest full-o-bullshit are probably two of the biggest reasons as to why the FDA is cracking down on the cigar industry in the USA! Khaizad is nothing more than a tobacco broker who sends his minions throughout the world to bid on and buy the cheapest bales of tobacco that they can find and then have it rolled into **** sticks put in pretty boxes!

To be fair though, from what I've heard, the majority of Gurkhas sold on websites such as Cigar International and such are NOT true Gurkhas, just **** rockets commissioned by the retailer who has boughten the labels or the rights to put a Gurkha band on them. From what people tell me, if you buy Gurkhas at an independent B&M, you'll get a true Gurkha and they're not half bad. I just won't waste my money to find out if its true. If I'm going non cuban, I'm going for a Davidoff or Fuente upper lin, other than that, I really don't wish to spendthe ddollars or the time in trying to find out if that's true. Plus I just don't like Hansotia at all! He's the epitome of the modern-day snake oil salesman, a real Caligiostro, and comes off to me as a real arrogant piece of **** who thinks he's some high class hot shot who gets off by ripping others off.

• Like 2

Tony,

Calling people names, including 'piece of ****', and hating left and right is bad form on this forum... I am no moderator but just thought you'd be interested in going easy on the stuff. Breathe mate; chill and have a cigar ;)

I apologize. Yeah, I didn't know how far I should go with expressing my opinion of some of these hype-purveyors but I understand and will definitely keep that in mind for further participating. I respect this forum, it's transparency, honesty, and maturity and have no problems conforming to the desired standard/acceptable level of expressions of anger. I will say though, I'm honestly glad that the FDA is stepping in on the US cigar industry. Someones got to do it and no one else has stepped up to the task so now they get regulations that are not the most desired. It would have been good if an organization would have been established back in the boom when it was first apparent that it was needed----kind of like how the French wine industry has.

No worries.

Don't hold your breath though on the government raising the industry standards. The impetus is not to challenge manufacturers to make better products but simply to pay more taxes by conforming to an expensive regulation process. The one change you'll likely feel is a combined reduction of new cigars being put out and a price increase across the board.

Hopefully I'm wrong, time shall tell...

• Like 1

Horrible Misappropriation of Resources...