Difference between Bolviar PC and #2 Tubos

Hello everyone a bfrief introduction, I am from Texas and I have not been smoking cigars that long and I am currently building a collection of the ones I like. So far I have Party shorts, Bolviar Pc, Monte #4 and AF short stories (nc). I enjoy a shorter smoke in the winter time so thats what I am focusing on.

Any way, I have heard varying reports of tubos and non tubos being the same thing, tubos being better and vice versa the comunity seems to be split in the issue but my question pertains specialy to Bolviar PCs and #2 tubos. The look to be the same cigar but a popular website lists the tubos filler as being inferior quality to the PCs. To me this dosent seem very efficent for the factory, surely it would be cheaper and easier to use the same filler but I dont know. So i thought I would ask you guys if you have noticed any diffrences between the two ?

I actually prefer the tubos and they've always been a go to rotation that were superior to PCs in construction and aging from my experience. I had no idea they we "inferior" filler. Nonetheless they both are a worthy buy

I would love to see this popular website you refer to...wait...dammit...you got me.

Well played.

I didnt link the web site because its a retailer and I didnt think that was appropriate. I swear its not some mind game trick haha.

Ok you guys seem to agree thats its the same or better so I will add a couple singles to my next order and try them, thanks for the advice guys.

• Like 1

Ok you guys seem to agree thats its the same or better so I will add a couple singles to my next order and try them, thanks for the advice guys.

I don't agree. I've never had a No.2 A/T that was on par with a pc from a nice box or cab. Purchasing the tubos when you can have the pc for much less $ is a strange choice to me.

This is all interesting... I do prefer the PC as well (slightly), though all my Tubos no.2 were from 2007, and the PC are from 2012-2014. So it might just be I like a bit more punch and pungency...

The 2013 January PC boxes were awesome, some rose flavor in varying intensity (almost too bitter/aromatic at times).

As far as rolling quality, I would say it is a dead race (very good for the largest part), though the tubed ones had slightly less under-filling.

tubes are more likely to have mold due to the confined atmosphere.

I have found no difference in quality of construction in tubes/boxes.

Tubes will keep aromas longer and perhaps maintain a young flavor longer than a box,due to less available oxygen to the cigar.

In long term ageing,tubes may produce a more flavorful smoke,with more aroma.I have little personal data on this,having had few aged tubos.Certainly the ones I have had were extremely nice.

There was a discussion on this a while ago. I summed up what I said:

Bolivar 2 is the closest recent production Bolivar to the discontinued Corona Extras and Lonsdales of yesteryear.

Amazing profile. Will need some age, though.

Not many people agree with me, though.

Sent from the Enigma on Tapatalk for BlackBerry.

I must admit that I assumed they were the same and that the price difference was simply related the different packaging.

I avoid tubes as too many have arrived to me upon delivery with white mold. The tubes are cool though.

A word of advice. No matter what anyone tells you about anything in this hobby, the only way to know for certain is to smoke 1, 2,3 or 25 yourself. Then and only then will you ever know. It makes no difference if I tell you it's the same or different and which of the two is better. It only matters to me and my own tastes, mood, environmental condition, mental condition, drink pairing, alignment of the stars,...... None of this will do you any good until your own taste buds tell you so.

• Like 2

Bolivar 2 is the closest recent production Bolivar to the discontinued Corona Extras and Lonsdales of yesteryear.

Amazing profile. Will need some age, though.

Not many people agree with me, though.

People disagreed for a good reason. To begin with, the CE and the lonsdale had different profile, if a cigar is close to one it can't be close to the other at the same time.

People disagreed for a good reason. To begin with, the CE and the lonsdale had different profile, if a cigar is close to one it can't be close to the other at the same time.

You are so confrontational. People are allowed to have different opinions than yours. Every cigar is different to each person. If we don't share your perspective on flavor, no one is wrong, just different.

We are not trying to sell a product or being dishonest. Just giving our opinion to a question that was asked.

• Like 1