Bolivar Super Corona

What makes this new cigar worth twice as much as the Royal Corona?

Is it the extra 1/2 inch? Is this a Regional or EL?

And why are they both called anything "corona"? Did Cuba run out of names for robusto sized cigars?

Consider the Bolivar Petit Piramide 09 LE.

Compare it with the Bolivar Belicoso Finos.

Or for that matter, the [5] Ramon Allones Short Robusto (RE Israel, Portugal, Andorra, UK, Benelux)

Compare those to the RASS for half (or sometimes a third) of the price.

I've yet to have the Super Corona but I hope they aren't good so I don't have to pay whatever they're going for :lol:

About their name, it's a nice throwback to the Upmann Super Corona. Discontinued now and damn rare!

Sent from the Enigma on Tapatalk for BlackBerry.

• Like 1

What makes this new cigar worth twice as much Limited he Royal Corona?

Is it the extra 1/2 inch? Is this a Regional or EL?

And why are they both called anything "corona"? Did Cuba run out of names for robusto sized cigars?

In reality, Nothing. But alot of people will pay the asking price because it has an second band called "Limited Edition", that actually isn't truly limited from what I understand. If people would vote more with their wallets they would come down in price. Im talking really online buys because the limiteds and regionals are not priced so crazy in cuba. I wont list prices but it's a huge difference.

The prices on all the "limited" ELs and REs are what they are because...

1) people continue to blindly pay for every new cigar that hits the shelves... regardless of prices

A little while ago, I was paying 170 to 250 for a box of REGULAR PRODUCTION cigars that would out perform or match any of the "special" sticks coming out like over hopped beers are hitting the shelves. People are gladly paying these prices for boxes of 10 cigars.

• Like 2

This is one cigar I have been looking forward to trying. I seriously doubt it will be a box due to pricing even though Rob looks after us.

Defiantly look at getting a couple of singles. ok.gif

I never really get these pricing complaints, it's a shame they cost so much more than regular production (so I can't buy more!) but they are 'supposed' to be limited, and made from 2 year aged tobacco and 'better' than the regular releases.

If you don't think they're worth the money just keep buying regular releases and you're not losing out right?

Pricing structure compares with any other consumable when it comes to special or limited releases. Look at whiskey, leave it gathering dust in a barrel in a warehouse for a few more years before sticking it in a bottle, or release 'special' versions and double/name your price.

I never really get these pricing complaints, it's a shame they cost so much more than regular production (so I can't buy more!) but they are 'supposed' to be limited, and made from 2 year aged tobacco and 'better' than the regular releases

I thought the average regular production Havana was now made with 3 year old tobacco?

Either way, ill buy decent REs if they're not too pricey, but have as of yet to find an EL that justified the markup. (Boy oh boy those 2nd bands must cost a lot to print!)

I never really get these pricing complaints

I live in a country experiencing 50% increase in tabacco tax over 4 years. thumbsdwn.gif

Everyone has their own situation, here we are getting screwed by tax, others availability, it is what it is.

Limited or not doesn't come into the equation for me If I would like to buy a box limited or not its simple maths.

If it wasn't for Rob I imagine alot of aussies would be out of the game already, he is the man 2thumbs.gif

I still would like a box though lol3.gif

• Like 1

I've just cut my second Bolívar EL 2014.

Looks green to me.

... and people don't understand the pricing complaints...

It looks like they didn't have time to properly ferment all of the leaves before they hit the shelves. lol

Green doesn't necessarily means a lack of fermentation. Green pigments can be fixed in the leaf voluntarily (double claro) or accidentally in spots depending on the ambient temperature in the tobacco barn when it is drying (first 30 days off the field).