Cuban cigars emblematic of Fall/Halloween

When I was younger I didn't get to experience much of Halloween (largely due to uptight parenting), so I missed the scary movies, potential nightmares, sugary upset stomachs, etc. And so for the past few years I've been trying to recreate that lost childhood by getting especially into the Fall and Halloween spirit, and it's been a lot of fun. This year I've been smoking through Tatuaje Pudgy Monsters (NCs) since they are all based on monster characters (Frankenstein, Dracula, Leatherface, Wolfman, Mummy, Jason Voorhees, Chucky, Tiffany, Dr. Jekyll, etc.), and it's gone well. On one hand, I think (most) of them are surprisingly good cigars--not at all what I expected, which was originally a bit of a grubby mess, but I'm wondering about CCs in particular . . .

Is there, or are there, any Cuban cigars that you think embody the Fall season or maybe Halloween day itself? Clearly no CCs are monster-themed, but which ones do you think capture that "essence"?

Dear rmill3r,

Halloween, the way you know It ,Is not a Cuban thing, It's more of an American thing and not a Holiday that Is celibrated all over the world. Plus you need a Fall season to begin with ,which I don't think they have In Cuba.They have holidays that we don't celibrate either.

Amicalement,

Guy

… well, in looking at boxes, I would say Sancho Panza. Damn ugliest cigar box I have ever seen.

Of course, you could look either at the latest catalogue items, because if fat is ugly, so are the newest Cuban cigars!

Lastly, I might add, you could enquire to see some pictures of Rob's 'plain' packaged cigars and it might conjure an image of a Guillermo del Toro pan faced monster!

On the other hand, a great Cuban cigar is a "man for all time." It matters not the one you choose. Pick a fat ugly one if it suits you, light it up, spool up the movie, "The Haunting" on the DVD player, grab yourself a pillow case and fill it with candy, and enjoy Halloween with less chaperoning and my blessing!

-Piggy

• Like 1

I was actually thinking about this yesterday and was thinking of smoking a Siglo 1.

I guess the best way to relate it would be the color of band (orange, yellow, green) and the flavor profile that best resembles candy, chocolate bars and butter fingers ect... Other than that I don’t know else to relate habanos to Halloween.

• Like 1

A Bolivar Coronas Gigantes Seems to fit the bill. I love to smoke these all year round, but I suggest you make it a Halloween smoke by Dressing up as Churchill. I guess if you were going to do that true to history, you would want to smoke a RyJ Churchill, but I don't really like those.

• Like 1

As the autumnal equinox begins to fade, headed toward the winter solstice, cigars for me tend to lean toward the smaller / shorter, with no particular cigar in mind - making them more bearable in the cooler / colder temps.

Of course. if I'm druid dancin' 'round the fire with the little people of stonehenge, I might be able to go bigger.

Boli Belicoso Finos reminds me of fall, that and the JL 2. Might be because they go great with my pumpkin beer or Pumpkin spiced Latte !

• Like 2

Well, my first thought was of CCs that had kind of a dark side. Like a Partagas Serie P No. 2. They are usually dark as chocolate, very robust, and have the blood red wrapper to match.

Or how about a Monte Especial. A classic brand based on a classic story in a Lancero format.

I guess my American imagery of Halloween includes scary movies, early sunsets, cooler weather, and a bit of mystery. That makes me think of full bodied cigars with a little bit of personality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always associate my cigar smoking with fall. I think it is because I get used to being able to smoke whenever I feel like it during the summer months. Then the rain comes and I am only able to smoke on occasion, which makes me fiend for more. This craving associated with not being able to have a cigar whenever I want makes me think about cigars more and therefore I associate fall with cigars.

^^^ Interesting. I associate cigars and cigar smoking with Cuba. Have spent enough lazy morning, afternoon and evenings with a cigar and rum to have develop an addiction for the "experience". It is like no other. It's this time of year when my thoughts turn to Cuba. I've spent 3 weeks in August in 2009, just to damn hot.

Buy 5 boxes of Guantanamera and start smoking them on Halloween Day... and then smoke nothing else but those Guantanameras until they are all finished. There's your Halloween horror and the seasonal feeling of going from a glorious Summer, to the heartbreaking feeling of Fall, knowing you are going into a bleak Winter. lol3.gif

• Like 4

To me, Fall and Halloween is spicy, caramel, cinnamon, maple, and things of that ilk. So for me I think a Royal Robusto fits the bill.

• Like 1

Buy 5 boxes of Guantanamera and start smoking them on Halloween Day... and then smoke nothing else but those Guantanameras until they are all finished. There's your Halloween horror and the seasonal feeling of going from a glorious Summer, to the heartbreaking feeling of Fall, knowing you are going into a bleak Winter. lol3.gif

Only changing of the season NOT a death sentence.

Autumn makes me long for the rustic and refined character of a RASS or PLPC/MC.

Of course, the sun rising in the morning and setting in the evening makes me long for the rustic and refined character of a RASS or PLPC/MC...lol2.gif

Don't ask me to explain it, but Ramon Allones has an autumnal taste for me.

i agree with this.

i just get impressions of being in the deep woods during the fall and taking a deep smell of my surroundings. i love cigars like that because it reminds me of my childhood in the woods hiking, camping, fishing, and hunting.

• Like 3