How many times before you "Toss in the Towel"

Tossing in the Towel  

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2 strikes and you're out. Too many cigars and not enough money and time.

3 strikes and y'er out!

Siglo II. Definitely not for me. Tried MANY times. Usually I try 4 or 5 different vintages before I discard definitely.

I once went to a restaurant and had a bad experience. I was at a party a couple of weeks later discussing local restaurants and gave my unfavorable review. Someone said you should always give a restaurant a second chance because they could have had an off night. I took that advice and went back and it became one of my favorites. I use that advice all of the time with cigars and have been pleasantly rewarded. That being said, I will try a cigar and if I don't like it, I let it rest for another 6 months and give it another try. If I don't like when I complete the box, I will not buy another. I did not like Partagas shorts until they hit 3 years old and now I love them!

I'm pretty tolerant, cheap and don't have a refine palate so it have to be pretty bad for me not to finish it. So the number of tries varies. In genral though I'll smoke anything. With CC it's 3-5. With NC it's 1-2.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm normally a 3 stick guy but I'm having a problem right now with a box of Partagas D4's. When I first got it one the wrapper split between the band and cap. Few moths go by keeping the temp and humidity on track and then I open them up and see half the box is split the same way. I'm thinking over humidified as I transported them over 24hrs and the humidor was reading 77%. But then I remembered the prior ones split similarly and a few other cigars with similar thin wrappers that were split also on arrival. I'm thinking it may have to do with shipping during the winter months with wild temp changes may have done them all in like this. But I'm still real hesitant.