#wordfail

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"I could care less" bugs me to no end. That means they could care less! Some people just don't think about what they say I guess.

Recently my principal was telling parents how us teachers were going to fill their children with our seed. seeds of learning was the metaphor, but oh, so very wrong.

I listen to broken English all day long... The things I hear on a daily basis are ridiculous... The other day, one of our employees made a comment to one of our female staff.. He spilled his water at

I literally could care less about #hashtag, but irregardless, I get fusterated at its constant useage. Moving on...

That's Irregardlessly (hope I spelt it correctly) actually...And my big one is "So it is and everything" 3/4 of my family uses it. Makes for a very frustrating Christmas get together..... So it does.

I have meetings quite often, several daily in fact and there are two words some use so often that even the sentences they place them in, make no sense.

"Moving forward".... God I hate hearing it.

Hear this all the time at work, I've had to learn not to roll my eyes every time it's said

Hear this all the time at work, I've had to learn not to roll my eyes every time it's said

This is a staple at my place of business. It means, "We tried something. It didn't go well. Let's stop, do something else and never speak of it again".

A common phrase for "being told off" in the dialect where I live is "get wrong". People actually ask; "Did you get wrong".

I've had to learn to live with it. It's like I'm insulting their heritage if I explain that it's not possible to "get wrong".

I love most of the dialect, some of the phrases are ridiculous but fantastic, however this one just makes no sense at all.

My daughter was out somewhere recently and sent me a text, worried we hadn't given her enough money to do whatever they were out doing. I replied that what she had would be fine and she responded:

"What about tacks"

I had to stare at that for a bit to realize what she meant...

When my daughter was 5 she used the word uncorrect. I've used it ever since.

One of my coworkers absolutely hates the phrase "sooner rather than later" and the word "wheelhouse". I try to inject both whenever possible just to cheese him off.

When my daughter was 5 she used the word uncorrect. I've used it ever since.

My son calls tree stumps, tree stunks and then there's his hot bear balloons. I don't correct him because it would just make him that much older. No rushing allowed.

• Like 1

Supposably

Using a qualifier before the word "unique"

I've got a friend, university educated and in management at an exec level, who uses 'supposably' all the time. I just laugh each time I hear it!

we hear this one all the time in Australia, and it's generally said by a player or coach of a sporting team, or a commentator.................. 'for mine'.

I think it means 'in my opinion'.

If it infiltrates the boards here, and replaces IMO, i will hold myself responsible and give myself an uppercut!

Here in Aus.... full credit, as in full credit to the boys after a game of footy... and yeah narrr as in yeah narrr full credit to the boys, or narrr yeah .

bahaha love it!

Footy talk is full of this sort of stuff.

There's also 'youse' which is australian for 'you all'.

Which of course means that when Jeff Fenech used to say "I love youse all" he was actually saying "I love you all all"

And for all Jeff Fenech fans there's also "en. em. air" .

Pronounced not a lot differently to 'enema'.

I just love this one, I truly mean no disrespect cause it's just so awesome...

"Stay where your at, I'll come where your too." It just rolls off the tongue.

I can hear my family in PEI saying that...