Inside or out?

Ladies and gentlemen, a question if I may.

I've just moved in to my new home after 10 months of building fun and originally I was thinking "great, don't have to worry about smoking outside anymore". Thing is, I just can't do it.

I've always loved sitting outside in a comfy chair and enjoying a smoke, the worse the weather the better. But I just cannot feel comfortable smoking inside.

How do you prefer to smoke? Inside or out?

What are your thoughts on smoking in the house?

Cheers

Pete

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Inside 100%. In my new Man Cave.

Bar globes: http://www.hayneedle.com/accents-and-decor/globes_bar-globes_list_187194_4295156906?source=googleaw&kwid=globe%20bar&tid=exact&redirect=false&gclid=CjwKEAjw37afBRDO5M3h0qvj

One of the main motivations for me buying a house was so I could smoke inside. I've cathederal celings in my living room so I like to watch a movie with my cigar most nights. If I have people over w

I have just moved to a my first house and have a converted portion of the garage into an office. It's a nice setup with no ducting or airways into the house so the smoke won't permeate the whole house and it has many windows and a door to get the smoke out. I'm excited to be able to smoke year round (Wisconsin gives me about 4-5 months of smoking outdoors) but I do hate to sit in my own smoke. LOTS of ventilation and fans will be installed once the TV is mounted in the room.

Outside pretty much 100% of the time. Very restrictive smoking laws means no legal smoking in any business. Not to say some of it does not happen but to be truthful I enjoy smoking outside on a sunny day or even when it is close to 0 celius. In the sun or under the starts enhances the experience.

Even when I travel it is rare for me to smoke in a lounge.

I live in a building with no smoking but even if I lived in a house I would likely not smoke inside. Well maybe if our winter was real rainy.

One of the main motivations for me buying a house was so I could smoke inside.

I've cathederal celings in my living room so I like to watch a movie with my cigar most nights.

If I have people over we tend to smoke outside on my deck but if i'm by myself (or its just me and the missus) I'll be in front of the TV with a cigar in my hand.

Also, see this

http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=116958

• Like 1

I far prefer smoking outdoors, but a long cold winter season makes me thankful for my heated shop.

I really enjoy relaxing with a smoke in a lounge now and then for a treat, but they are few and far between in this country. I am lucky to be fairly close to one.

I smoke outside whenever tolerable for the most part. My wife calls the deck my office - thank God for wifi!

Heaters in the Winter, fans in the Summer - anything to keep it tolerable.

When it gets way too cold and windy I move to the terrace office - my man cave on the ground floor. Do have ventilation though so most of the smoke gets vented out.

That said, on occasion I'll fire one up in the main house. Dining room on special occasions or in the family room whilst watching some sports or a movie.

• Like 1

Mi casa, mi castillo...

We live in a big, old drafty house.

I have my cigars, my wife her cigarettes.

While I love a cigar in my back yard on a sunny weekend afternoon,

or on the front porch on a warm summer night,

more often I smoke in the living room in front of the TV with my two pugs in my lap,

or in the dining room in front of the laptop, checking out the latest on FOH.

Life is good!

I prefer inside,but in a large space. The lounge I use is 1400 sq feet,the Healey shop where I work is about 1100.

Sometimes the shop door is open,but seldom is it windy enough to matter.

I enjoy a cigar most when I can capture all the aromas,this is difficult in the open.

Outside. But I consider the attached garage outside if it rains...which it never does. Damn drought.

Or if it's too windy. That happens often.

I smoke outside for a couple reasons.

- Health of my family

- Because I'd be dead if I didn't smoke outside ;)

- I've tried smoking indoors not so long ago but I felt uncomfortable. Something about smoking under the pergola that appeals to me both hot and cold weather.

- I also kept thinking about my parents home back in the 80's where we once washed down walls and windows to prepare for painting and remember the thick yellowed nicotine on walls from my dads pack 50 a day habit.... Not good so I prefer outdoors even if I were permitted to smoke indoors.

• Like 1

Outside.

My wife hates the smell so I'm not allowed to smoke inside.

I like the air circulation on my balcony. I usually put on a movie and just relax.

Mi casa, mi castillo...

We live in a big, old drafty house.

I have my cigars, my wife her cigarettes.

While I love a cigar in my back yard on a sunny weekend afternoon,

or on the front porch on a warm summer night,

more often I smoke in the living room in front of the TV with my two pugs in my lap,

or in the dining room in front of the laptop, checking out the latest on FOH.

Life is good!

THIS!

I hope I can get my new man cave the way I want it sooner than later so my Movies/Tv/Games can be the way I want it whenever I want it.

With the new house also comes the ADDED benefit of YARD 'GARS as I've never had to mow a lawn. Now I have 3/4th of an Acre to take care of and a nice cigar will go nicely on the riding mower!

I smoke outside back deck or front deck depending I have a fireplace on the bavk that is undercover so usually always there its nice quiet my time my gf and or whoevers over comes out for the fire so good conversation usually insues which makes it more enjoyable usually

If I could, inside. Proper ventilation, climate controlled, aged Burgundy Chesterfield leather sofa set, wooden book shelves and wall panels, and the globe that opens up to keep all the fine spirits. For now it's the backyard. Haha

If I could, inside. Proper ventilation, climate controlled, aged Burgundy Chesterfield leather sofa set, wooden book shelves and wall panels, and the globe that opens up to keep all the fine spirits. For now it's the backyard. Haha

I'm halfway there.

Got the couch

Got the Bookshelves

Got the Ventalation

Just need the panelled walls and the Globe Bar (been searching for one for years)

• Like 1

I'm halfway there.

Got the couch

Got the Bookshelves

Got the Ventalation

Just need the panelled walls and the Globe Bar (been searching for one for years)

Yep my couch just made it's way to the patio today. Not enough room for it all inside. Comfy

I prefer smoking outside but city of Pasadena thinks otherwise. California weather is great so it's nice to take advantage of that. I must say though, sometimes what makes for a better smoke is not the indoor or the outdoor but how comfortable the chair/couch I'm sitting on is.

Definitely prefer inside. I smoke in my home, but it's an old house. I have a woodstove burning almost 8 months out of the year which helps draft the house even when it's closed up. The other 4 months, the windows are open.

I would have a hard time smoking inside a new home unless I had a dedicated room with good ventilation.

I smoke outside 100% of the time. Fortunately, I have a covered semi-closed in area (blocks a lot of the wind) at my home that allows me to smoke anytime of the year...as long as I can stand the cold temps in winter.